• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In the market, help!

ltjackson

Chive On!
Good evening everyone, as the title says in in the market for a new humidor. So before I get all the "go as big as you can" responses here is my situation.

I've had a small desktop humidor for a while now and it's served me well however we've recently remodeled our office and the other half finally decided to let me have a corner to call my own!

So long story short I'd like to find a nice looking (as it will be on display) humidor. We have a black/grey theme going so I don't really want the whole wood grain style and I'm looking for something a bit more modern. Anywhere from 100 to 200 count would be more than enough and I don't want to break the bank. My price range is around $150 but I'd really like to spend less than $100.

Any suggestions you fine folk could provide would be greatly appreciated. As with anything else I've done some looking around and came up with this? (Keep in mind my mind is not set on anything, I'd like to see some ideas from you guys!)

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_medium-humidors_PHUM-BACS.html

If you love smoking cigars and will do so for a very long time - then go bigger, trust me when I say this. I outgrew a decent size cabinet humi and now have a decent sized closet walk in. They are both full. Many members here will probably give you the same advice. Down the road if you want to start storing boxes, smaller humidors will become an issue. Just my two cents and I know that's not what you want to hear but just giving you some solid advice brother. 

I knew almost everyone would say the same. While I agree and I feel I will be at this for a long time, at this point I need something that looks nice for an office. I can always build coolers for boxes in the near future before I graduate to a walk in :p

Light this! said:
If you love smoking cigars and will do so for a very long time - then go bigger, trust me when I say this. I outgrew a decent size cabinet humi and now have a decent sized closet walk in. They are both full. Many members here will probably give you the same advice. Down the road if you want to start storing boxes, smaller humidors will become an issue. Just my two cents and I know that's not what you want to hear but just giving you some solid advice brother.
I can only add I began with a 50, went to a 150, got a 300 and just bought a 600 count wineadore. Check out ebay, I got a new in box New Air 281 for $81 plus shipping. Normally sels for $260. A few of the other BOTL's have the identical one. Patience first and look into your future progression into this hobby. Many brothers will also tell you about a cooladore, but that does not go well in a living area. Cheaphumidors.com is also,worthy of a look.

Okay so I've been looking around on a couple different sites and have found a few I'm interested in. Though at this point I think I'm understanding what you guys are talking about.

Theoretically speaking if someone I know were looking at wine coolers to make a wineadoor what would that person need to look for?

:p

ltjackson said:
Okay so I've been looking around on a couple different sites and have found a few I'm interested in. Though at this point I think I'm understanding what you guys are talking about.

Theoretically speaking if someone I know were looking at wine coolers to make a wineadoor what would that person need to look for?

:p

Something that is thermoelectric (yes, you can also use a compressor type but you will have to do more modifications on it). I also have the same model Pugman mentioned.

I outgrew three desktops. Then I outgrew a medium sized chest humidor.
Then I outgrew this http://www.tampahumidor.com/humidors/verona-cabinet-humidor.php
Then I outgrew the cabinet and two of these 165QT bad boys https://www.google.com/shopping/product/7095488301248927581?rlz=1C1GGGE___US525US527&sclient=psy-ab&q=iglooe+165+qt+coolers&oq=iglooe+165+qt+coolers&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r Only paid $85.00 at Costco though.

Point is..... If you're going to be doing this for awhile. Don't waste your money having to keep upgrading. I wasted a ton compared to having just gone big in the beginning like I was told. I never got near the money invested in other humidors when I sold them.