• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Incredible Hulk

Joebiech

Too ugly for a picture :P
Not sure if this has been posted or if it is just old news, but the American Medical Association (AMA) Alliance wants the Incredible Hulk to be pushed up to rated R instead of PG13 because it depicts one of its characters smoking cigars throughout the movie. I normally don't mind fringe groups complaining, but apparently the folks at with the movie have now put a warning that tobacco items are depicted in the movie. Thoughts and ideas

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=pr...;show_article=1

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=33774

Disney has vowed to no longer depict smoking of any kind in their movies. The MPAA has tossed around the idea of any movie with smoking being given an 'R' rating for a couple of years now.

It's crap, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease and there is almost nobody squeakier than the anti-tobacco movement.

Unfortunately we live in a nanny state right now.
I just hate being told how to live my life...

I hit the roof when they talked about editing smoking and cigarettes out of old movies.
Unbelievable...

Equally sad that they are editing out all smoking scenes from Tom and Jerry cartoons for their re-issue/re-release on dvd...no more scenes with the stogie chomping black alley cat, no more pulling out Jerry, squeezing him to lick the rolling paper, rolling, tossing up the cig, etc....classic...all lost to the hands of stupidity, arrogance, nazi-like behavior.

They tried to go "R" on the Lord of the Rings trillogy due to the prolific smoking of "Pipe Weed". I guess the historic significance of the story won over in that case.

I'm just glad we have a government that seems to know what's good for me, I'm having a hard time with it myself ???

MC, that new avatar is creepy!

Yep, scenes like this will be cut...from roughly 1500 Hanna Barbera toons...I think it was largely done abroad, not sure...but recall it being an issue with TBS and the UK, elsewhere:

_42001992_tom_and_jerry_rex203.jpg

Tom can't smoke a cigar, but it's ok to drop a safe or an anvil on someones head... that make a lot of sense

Oh wow, wait until they see the famous Anime "One Piece" there is a character named "Captain Smoker" who always has two lit cigars in his mouth and has an ammo belt or a jacket on filled with new ones to light up. They will go into convulsions...

And its shown as a kids cartoon here in Germany :cool:

one_piece_94_1.jpg

Hes the badass on the right... :sign:

This shit is getting downright stupid.

R.I.P. classic scenes such as this...which I will always remember:

Linky

Edited to add -

How the hell can you edit that out??? Fuggin' bastards.

Man, that really sucks.

Listening to that intro music really brings back some child hood memories of watching those.

I'm going to have to go out and buy those Tom and Jerry DVDs now.

We bought some old cartoons at Wally world. I'll check em to see if they have to old scenes. It was like 150 old cartoons, it had the disclaimer that it was a historical document and although some may be offensive they are a depiction of views of that era. So seems likely to contain smoking scenes intact. Would be odd to cut smoking and let racism slide.