• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Incredible steak sauce

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I recommended this steak sauce in cigar_skip's thread about his iron chef competition and figured why not tell everybody about this incredible stuff.

This is the best steak sauce I have ever had and all the brothers I have introduced to it can't get enough.

Order some HERE and tell them I sent you.......the owner is a friend and maybe it will put a few extra bucks in his pocket for me to take from him on the golf course this summer.

After trying it, tell me what you think.

Jeff

Edited to add this recipe:
This sauce is a thin sauce not like Heinz 57, and it is very rich.
Mix equal parts of the sauce and butter in a pan and saute portobellos in it........it's that simple......and it is fabulous! :thumbs:

I will be the first to vouch for Lanning's Steak sauce. This is some of the best stuff I've ever had, and since I've run out of my second bottle (quite a while ago), I've been trying to recreate this sauce to no avail. It's like a hopped up Worstershire/Soy mixture that is an unbelievable marinade also.

Oh man, I had forgotten about Lanning's. I grew up near Lanning's restraunt (graduated from Revere High School in '01). Fond memories of taking dates there for anniversaries or dances.

I'll have to remember to pick some sauce up next time I'm home visiting.

A good steak should not require a slathering!

---------------------------

ehhh, um...could someone get me a bottle of Lanning's ...to try?

:D

A good steak should not require a slathering!

---------------------------

ehhh, um...could someone get me a bottle of Lanning's ...to try?

:D

I will have one on the way to you next week Gary......and you're right, about a teaspoon of this over a good steak is all you need.

OMFG!

I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

P.S. A little mixed in with your hamburgers before cooking is also an awesome thing!

OMFG!

I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

P.S. A little mixed in with your hamburgers before cooking is also an awesome thing!

I've had burgers for the past two nights - one as a private club and the other last night at Red Robin (My first time there).

Both were great...but this sauce smells fantastic!!!

Just ordered my bottle. Jeff I told the nice lady to tell the boss he should save the money from the sale to give you on the golf course. She just chuckled.

I should have it in a couple of days.

Just ordered my bottle. Jeff I told the nice lady to tell the boss he should save the money from the sale to give you on the golf course. She just chuckled.

I should have it in a couple of days.

:thumbs: That's really funny because that was probably Chris, his wife, whose family are the owners, she probably hates Jeff and I both even more now :) Let me know what you think.

FYI I have found that is difficult to pour this stuff in the small quantities that you use it in without spilling a lot. I put a pour stopper in the bottle so it can be administered in just the right amount.

What is this stuff like? Is it an A1 type thing or a more delicate sauce? I would use A1 on my steak under almost no circumstances so I am cautious around steak sauces.

What is this stuff like? Is it an A1 type thing or a more delicate sauce? I would use A1 on my steak under almost no circumstances so I am cautious around steak sauces.

I tend to not use them either, but like to try stuff out and do put spices on a steak occasionally.

Thin sauce...rich and potent.

Not slathery. (Is that a word?)

This is the consistency of soy sauce and like Gary said it is very rich and potent. A Tsp drizzled over a steak is perfect.

Just because.

Also - does anyone have any other suggestions for a gooda steak saucey?

Just because.

Also - does anyone have any other suggestions for a gooda steak saucey?

Not sure if Worcestershire Sauce fits this category, but Lea & Perrin's is good enough to drink.

Reactions: AVB