• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ionizer, Air Purifier

wanlail

I'm moving into a new house soon and turning the sunroom into a smokers lounge. Have any of you guys used ionizers or air purifiers? Do they work well? If so, any models anyone would recommend?

Kevin

Haven't tried an Ionizer but I've made ozone generators that did an excellent job of removing the smell after the fact. They don't do much for cleaning the air during your experience, however.

Look around and see if you can find a free standing unit with a HEPA filter. That is a real bad boy for air scrubbing. Don't believe you'll get anywhere is ozone or the ionizer. You need something that grabs and holds.

Aye, a ozone generator is like 12x better then a ionizer. The best are ozone generators, then come hepa filters, and then ionizers when it comes to cleaning up the air.
Like that guy up there said, they will do jack shiz While you are smoking.
You can't use it while in the room. They are hazardous to your health on higher settings (i.e. the settings that actually clear something).
'Best to smoke, then leave it on overnight or something with nobody in the room.

Another pretty good solution (IMO) is to setup window fans.

However, both of these ideas depend on how the entrance to the sunroom is setup. I mean, is it a regular doorway, where you can close off the room to the rest of the house?
If not, you might want to get something to partition it off. Otherwise, you will either be exposing much of the house to hazardous ozone, or you will be throwing money away by letting the heated/cool air out through the window fans.

I'm moving into a new house soon and turning the sunroom into a smokers lounge. Have any of you guys used ionizers or air purifiers? Do they work well? If so, any models anyone would recommend?

Kevin

Don't bother, it's not going to work. You need to exchange air to get rid of the smoke and smell.

I've tried the Ozone generators too... with zero success. The only thing I've found that truly works is moving the smokey air out, and fresh air in.

The room is off my master bedroom, so the smoke smell won't bother me. But, it may offend anyone else. Its sealed pretty well from the main portion of the house, but I guess I should invest in sliding glass windows instead. The windows are currently fixed panes.

One of the components of the smell is Carbon Monoxide and stuff that cannot be trapped by a filter or overwhelmed by a generator.

One of the components of the smell is Carbon Monoxide and stuff that cannot be trapped by a filter or overwhelmed by a generator.

Carbon Monoxide has nothing at all to do with the smell. It is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless chemical. The easiest way to get rid of CO, is with fresh air exchange. But again, in no way would it cause an odor.