• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is there a problem?

Lumberg

Opus Lover
I noticed I can't get external avatars to link right....thus the red x.

I thought it was me but I tried like 5 sites, even one that I used before.

Also Wascal has the x so I am thinking......Rod?

I've got the same problem...can't seem to load my avitar either. ???

Some work, some won't. I think there's a file size limit. I have the best luck with jpegs

Lumberg...I suspended yours. ;)

MrJerry...yours has been hijacked...until I get a delicious coffee bomb(addy in profile). :p

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Maybe the images were removed from the source, or they don't allow linking to their images any longer? ???

No problem with CP. You either have the avatar location pointing to your desktop, or the server it's hosted on does not allow other sites to pull images. OR, that path is wrong all together.

*MOVED TO CIGARPASS.COM FORUM*

It appears to me that the site you are linking from does not allow hyper-linking. Here's the picture he is trying to use:
20s-vi.jpg

Also, it appears to be quite a bit larger than is allowed.

No matter the size, CP will automatically resize it

Funny because I had previously working avatars from both nascar.com and nasonov.com now they don't work.

Hey Lumberg ... the avatar is cool, but the one you're loading from jolly's site is almost 680k ... that means we have to load a 680k image every time we load a page with your posts on it. I reduced it to under 3k, if you want to link to this one instead:

p2.gif

http://web2.airmail.net/crhodes8/p2.gif

The dialup users will thank you. :)