• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO 10 man tent to borrow...

MaxNoodle

I am that which is.
I'm looking to borrow a 10 man tent if someone is willing to lend it to me. I will pay shipping charges both ways. I need it mid April for a BoyScout camping trip at the end of April. I will return it with a little sumpin-sumpin ;)

Thanks!

~ t

I'm looking to borrow a 10 man tent if someone is willing to lend it to me. I will pay shipping charges both ways. I need it mid April for a BoyScout camping trip at the end of April. I will return it with a little sumpin-sumpin ;)

Thanks!

~ t

Just a word of advise. I've camped with 10+ Boy Scouts...the last thing you want is all of them in one tent. Walmart has great early springtime sales on tents. You can pick up a two man tent for about $29ea. Do a bake sale, a car wash and beg for the rest of the funds...Everyone will have a much better time.
Oh and hey...don't let anyone eat beans with the hotdogs...you'll be up all night from the noise and I don't mean just the laughter.

We have 1 tent, just need another - 6 per tent...

Thanks!

~ t

Just a word of advise. I've camped with 10+ Boy Scouts...the last thing you want is all of them in one tent. Walmart has great early springtime sales on tents. You can pick up a two man tent for about $29ea. Do a bake sale, a car wash and beg for the rest of the funds...Everyone will have a much better time.
Oh and hey...don't let anyone eat beans with the hotdogs...you'll be up all night from the noise and I don't mean just the laughter.

The freight alone will buy some smaller tents.

I got some experience here. I've held just about every position in Scouting up to and including District Commissioner. No, I was never a Den Mother, unless you consider my time attached to the USMC. I'm also an old Woodbadger, Fox patrol. Eureka sells a fine two man tent for cheap. I've used them in -20 degree weather with my scouts. You really don't want all those kids in one tent or two tents for that matter. They won't be worth a damn the next day and there's nothing worse than a bunch of someone else's cranky kids. If money is a problem, it's time to start a ham and bean dinner fund raiser. Get your sponsor to pony up some cash. Talk to your Unit Commissioner or District Exec. You can PM me for ideas.

Doc

I got some experience here. I've held just about every position in Scouting up to and including District Commissioner. No, I was never a Den Mother, unless you consider my time attached to the USMC. I'm also an old Woodbadger, Fox patrol. Eureka sells a fine two man tent for cheap. I've used them in -20 degree weather with my scouts. You really don't want all those kids in one tent or two tents for that matter. They won't be worth a damn the next day and there's nothing worse than a bunch of someone else's cranky kids. If money is a problem, it's time to start a ham and bean dinner fund raiser. Get your sponsor to pony up some cash. Talk to your Unit Commissioner or District Exec. You can PM me for ideas.

Doc

Woodbadger, nice! Quite the honor in scouting.

I'm just a Eagle Scout (05) and a Brotherhood OA member. When I have sons involved in scouting (and have spare time) I can only hope to be involved at the district level.

:thumbs:

I got some experience here. I've held just about every position in Scouting up to and including District Commissioner.

I never knew you was a Scouter Doc!!

I've got almost 20 years in but only at the unit levels. I got three boys, two oldest made Eagle, still beating on the third one. He's Star but still has plenty of time to get there.

G-

I remember my mom being a Den Mother for the Boy Scouts. I'd say if you have a Cabela's near you...talk with them and see if they wanted to donate some camping stuff. You never know what businesses will do until you ask.

REI is also a phenomenal place to get great deals on nice outdoors equipment. If you have one near you, it's well worth a visit. :thumbs: