• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO old coin expert

Johnny-O!

Hello all. Hope the Holidays are treating everyone well. Certainly a lot of good football going on and coming up. I am ISO someone that can tell me if some coins I am looking at have any value. Can anyone help? Thanks all, John

Are they American coins?  If so, post a pic.  I am no expert by any stretch, but can get you pointed in the right direction.

I spent a lot of time on the bourse, both sides of the table. Let us know what you have and we may be able to set you in the right direction.

Oh! Whatever you do, be very careful with brick and mortar coin shops. Most are dishonest. There are professional grading services who authenticate and provide a cash backed guarantee of authenticity and grade. The "Professional Coin Grading Service" (PCGS) is, by far, the most respected and command the highest overall prices. Cost is something like 30-35, and the coin is sealed in a very robust optical quality holder (slab) with the certification info, type, and grade. Well worth it for any coin worth more than $500.00.
I was what is called a vest pocket dealer for a good 15 yrs. A vest pocket dealer is someone who deals coins mainly at coin shows but does not have a physical store.