• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It’s good beer but...

hooooooooly. I look at that line and think more, "they must have free beer in there." That must be a hell of a beer, or a diehard fanbase.

Flippers. They buy it, then trade it away.
...it’s not that good.

It’s 16F outside right now and the line are Treehouse was easily 1000’ just to get in the door... NOPE!

View attachment 24797

I drove away... lol

Paul

It's good, but not an hour long @ 16 degrees.

Flippers. They buy it, then trade it away.

It's good, but not an hour long @ 16 degrees.

This and hype. People hear the name and know they've heard its good so they go and buy it. They also don't distribute so you have to go there to get it.

Someone I know (who doesn't like IPAs) who knows I really like beer once asked me if I'd heard of Treehouse. I said yes I have but I haven't been yet and he then let me know he was going with his friend, and walked out with an entire hand truck stacked with cases of beer he doesn't even like. People are told they're supposed to like it so they go wait for it. People see a line so they get in it cause it must be something good.

This isn't denying that it is good beer, because it is. Its some of the best made beer on the NEIPA market. I will just never wait for it. If someone gets some for me I am happy. But there are plenty of great breweries around me that produce beer that is just as good if not better.

JMHO of course!

This and hype. People hear the name and know they've heard its good so they go and buy it. They also don't distribute so you have to go there to get it.

Someone I know (who doesn't like IPAs) who knows I really like beer once asked me if I'd heard of Treehouse. I said yes I have but I haven't been yet and he then let me know he was going with his friend, and walked out with an entire hand truck stacked with cases of beer he doesn't even like. People are told they're supposed to like it so they go wait for it. People see a line so they get in it cause it must be something good.

This isn't denying that it is good beer, because it is. Its some of the best made beer on the NEIPA market. I will just never wait for it. If someone gets some for me I am happy. But there are plenty of great breweries around me that produce beer that is just as good if not better.

JMHO of course!

Tilted Barn, comes to mind! Those that you've sent me a few times, were really really good.

JMHO of course!
Agreed!

People are currently queuing up for Pliny the Younger. If it floats your boat, have at it. I've got better things to do with my time.
People still que for any Pliny? I sorta thought people had grown weary of it and were on to the next great thing. I used to love them along with things like Surly Furious. Don’t care for them like I used to.