• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's like Christmas in February - Avallo Humidor

MichaelD

What does this button do again?
I took the day off, cleaned the house and am now perched by my front window waiting for the delivery truck to bring my new Avallo humidor. Santa, I mean the truck driver can't arrive soon enough. I figure 5 or 6 days of letting it stabilize and then I get to transfer and organize my collection. I'll post picture just as soon as it gets here.

/returns to pressing his nose again the window....

Nose is cold, but still no cigar...ehhh...humidor. I even tried the sure fire "go on the deck and start a cigar" trick. It didn't work, but I got to try one of the Cameroon NUBs I've been meaning to try. Ok cigar. Damn thing tunneled on me pretty good at the end though. I'm thinking I prefer the small ring stuff. Live and learn.

Now back to my window...

It's here!!
ea38b208aad5e832afc2439feaa34139.jpg

dea02f2fc669731d5d25f27c25b6d485.jpg

19271ad7d8ade728e45fe296da1305c6.jpg

28d624b7d94276024138324c230807b6.jpg

And now we wait some more...

wow thats very very sexy.   You will be very proud/happy with that for years!

Very happy indeed. It should last a lifetime. Hopefully I don't outgrow it.

Super looking humidor.  Congrats!

MichaelD said:

...famous last words.... :laugh:

Congrats - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:

...famous last words.... :laugh:
The thing is that he doesn't yet realize that he surely will outgrow it, it's just a matter of time.....

Lol!!!

But no kidding, the thing is very nice, and even if you DO outgrow it it will always be a nice humidor to put in a living room while the rest of your stash rests in coolidors.....

It's cherry iirc. But with the dark stain, it's not easy to tell or appreciate the wood grain. I wanted it to match some of the other furniture in the room so went darker.

I really do love the electronic humidification system in this thing. Talk about making it idiot proof. After just 12 hours it's pretty much pegged at 70%, although I still need to mount my calibrated gauges to confirm this. I'm still going to wait until the weekend before I transfer the stash.

And yes, I assume that at one point I'll outgrow it, especially if I start to store and age CCs. But we'll tackle that one down the road. Cooler(s) in the basement would then be the wise choice.
Speaking of which, where would you guys suggest mounting a backup gauge? The main unit is in the middle of the chamber. Maybe one on the left side between the two draws? I'd imagine the lower part of the humidor will be more humid then the top, although with four fans, there ought to be plenty of air circulation.

MichaelD said:
It's cherry iirc. But with the dark stain, it's not easy to tell or appreciate the wood grain. I wanted it to match some of the other furniture in the room so went darker.

I really do love the electronic humidification system in this thing. Talk about making it idiot proof. After just 12 hours it's pretty much pegged at 70%, although I still need to mount my calibrated gauges to confirm this. I'm still going to wait until the weekend before I transfer the stash.

And yes, I assume that at one point I'll outgrow it, especially if I start to store and age CCs. But we'll tackle that one down the road. Cooler(s) in the basement would then be the wise choice.
Speaking of which, where would you guys suggest mounting a backup gauge? The main unit is in the middle of the chamber. Maybe one on the left side between the two draws? I'd imagine the lower part of the humidor will be more humid then the top, although with four fans, there ought to be plenty of air circulation.Ver
Very nice choice.  Shes a beaut