• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iTune encrypted backup

Cparker

My dogs don't smoke
Long story short, I busted my iPhone. The Apple store near my office had a same day appointment. Since my MacBook was at home (45 miles away) I loaded iTune on my work computer to backup my iPhone before taking it in. I don't like or use iCloud. iTunes shows the backup.

During the process, I was asked for my iTunes password which I entered. I was also asked for an iCloud password that I could not remember so I reset. Net 2 passwords,
When I went to restore my iPhone back-up, neither password works. Contacted Apply support, had me change the iCloud password to the iTunes password. No help, Received a call from Apple telling me that the backup is encrypted and cannot be recovered without the password. However, neither of these two passwords work.

Since I backup up on my PC attached to my company network, is it possible the network input a password I do not know? (I tried my work password, it did not work).
Anyone know of a crack program that may help.

Other than being a giant pita, the real thing I lost was pictures. As you see on my profile, the little dog passed this past May. All my pictures of her were on my phone. I thought I had backed up the phone in July but cannot find a backup on my Mac. So it I can't recover this, I lost those pics. I wiped my phone at Apple before turning it in.

Any advice is appreciated. Despite what Apple states, I did not choose to encrypt the backup nor enter other than the two passwords.

I can't help, but the work computer/network shouldn't have added any further passwords to the files.

I had the same problem. Turns out the password for my encrypted phone backup was a password I set a really long time ago, when I first backed up my iPhone. So, try a password you may have used a long time ago.