• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jalapeno Recipes

Golfanatic

The Biggest Newbie on CP
So all of this pepper garden talk has motivated me to grow some of my own. I now have a bunch and am struggling with what to do with them besides making salsa or cutting up on some nachos.

Can you guys tell me how you like them the best?

Jalapeno cornbread with a bowl of Pinto beans or chili. :thumbs:

I add a bit to breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, pretty much anything that could use a little flavor. Caution though, Jalapenos can vary in strength from almost mold to blow your face off. I have seen some of my Hispanic guys who eat them like sweet peppers break into a sweat with a fresh Jalapeno while other peppers in the same batch are weak at best.

Good luck.

PJ

I've roasted them under the broiler, peeled the skin, seeded them and added them to a pot of chili. It really helps to bring out the fruity flavour of them, and tones down the heat a bit.

I like em a few different ways.
Try these.
Slice a handfull or two of ya peppers. Pack em in a sealable jar. Boil some white wine or apple cider vinegar and pour over the chillies'. Cap em and sit them for a few weeks. Then eat them as a side, with a cheese and pickles platter or on a sandwich.

Mix 250 grams of ricotta cheese, 250 grams macapone cheese, 1 or 2 cloves of crushed garlic, a few sliced sundried tomatoes, some finely chopped fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste. Stuff the peppers with the mixture and bake or barbecue em.

Or.
Mix up some batter using pea flour. Make a small slit on one side of the pepper so they dont pop. Dip em in the batter mix and deep fry em... YUMMM. I like em like this as they can get a bit hotter, or you can use hotter peppers LOL.

Try WKOTI's Jalapeno Egg Roll Poppers

Cut off the tops, remove the guts, stuff with my special cream cheese, Monterrey Jack, and spinach stuffing. (PM for recipe) Roll in Egg roll wrappers, edged with egg wash. Roll egg roll in flour, then dip egg roll in egg wash, and cover in seasoned panko bread crumbs. Then fry in olive oil at 350 until crisp and delicious. Enjoy brother man...

And just for Wolfie, you can add bacon bit to the stuffing for the jalapeno poppers.

Atomic Buffalo Turds!

Split and core about 20 large jalapenos. Mince some sweet onion and mix with cream or Neuchaftel cheese. Pack each jalapeno half with the mix, squeeze 'em together around a Little Smokie sausage, wrap in a half strip of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.

Cook on a low grill or in a 250º oven until the bacon's done. Mmmm mmmm! Make plenty!

~Boar

Cut off the tops, remove the guts, stuff with my special cream cheese, Monterrey Jack, and spinach stuffing. (PM for recipe) Roll in Egg roll wrappers, edged with egg wash. Roll egg roll in flour, then dip egg roll in egg wash, and cover in seasoned panko bread crumbs. Then fry in olive oil at 350 until crisp and delicious. Enjoy brother man...

And just for Wolfie, you can add bacon bit to the stuffing for the jalapeno poppers.

ooooh, stuffed with cream cheese was exactly my first thought. I'd probably opt for a sweet mandarin glaze (loaded with raw, chopped jalapeno) drizzled via a bottle. (2 cups orange juice, 2 shots of grand marnier (if you so desire), a generous grating of ginger, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 piece star anise, two chopped jalapeno and reduce by half)

I could also set you onto both a salsa and chili recipe, but for appreciating the essence of the fruit, I think cream cheese, breading, and sauce is your best bet.

ooooh, stuffed with cream cheese was exactly my first thought. I'd probably opt for a sweet mandarin glaze (loaded with raw, chopped jalapeno) drizzled via a bottle. (2 cups orange juice, 2 shots of grand marnier (if you so desire), a generous grating of ginger, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 piece star anise, two chopped jalapeno and reduce by half)

I could also set you onto both a salsa and chili recipe, but for appreciating the essence of the fruit, I think cream cheese, breading, and sauce is your best bet.

I was thinking about dipping them in a Bacon Mornay sauce (Bacon Cheese sauce) or a Hollandaise, but I over think things sometimes. They are delicious all on their own :D

Edit to add Aiola would be stellar as well!!!

Jalapeno Butter

Soften a stick of butter to room temp, them mix in a finely minced jalapeno.

Great for grilled cheese sandwiches, corn on the cob, or any other dish that uses butter. Easy, but very tasty!

Can them (pickled). I gave away a jar to a Hispanic friend and he said best he ever had.

I second the atomic buffalo turds, they are the best thing on earth. That is why im growing jalapenos.

Next time you grill some burgers, halve a couple of peppers and grill them with some onions. Throw them on the burger with some jack cheese and call it good.

Next time you grill some burgers, halve a couple of peppers and grill them with some onions. Throw them on the burger with some jack cheese and call it good.

I grilled some up with some carne asada today. :thumbs:

Good Carne Asada is tough to beat. Fresh tortillas and some good salsa, I could eat that every day. :cool:

Atomic Buffalo Turds!

Split and core about 20 large jalapenos. Mince some sweet onion and mix with cream or Neuchaftel cheese. Pack each jalapeno half with the mix, squeeze 'em together around a Little Smokie sausage, wrap in a half strip of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.

Cook on a low grill or in a 250º oven until the bacon's done. Mmmm mmmm! Make plenty!

~Boar

This sounds so friggin good. I must try them.

Try cooking the ABT's in a smoker, instead of on the grill, @ 250* for about 2 hours. :0 Damn those things are good.

slice stem off medium to large jalapenos
cut jalapenos in half from stem to tip and gut them
fill both halves with cream cheese or cheddar cheese (we also add some onion, chive, garlic, cilantro, or other flavors on occasion)
put halves back together
wrap jalapeno with half slice of uncooked bacon
stab with toothpick to keep pepper and bacon in place
place on the grill and grill until bacon is crisp and pepper has softened
makes great appetizers for cookouts :thumbs:

Another is to:
slice jalapenos into about 1/8 or 1/4 inch slices
place slices alongside seasoned cocktail sized shrimp (lemon pepper, garlic salt, or favorite seasoning of your choice)
wrap with uncooked bacon
stab with toothpick
place on grill until shrimp is fully cooked
Another great appetizer for cookouts :thumbs:

As always when using toothpicks or wooden skewers when grilling make sure you soak the sticks in a bowl of water for about a half hour before using them in what you are going to grill. This will help to keep from burning the ends off the picks so that they are a little more readily removed when ready to eat. Another trick that I have found handy is to use a grill basket when making these so that instead of making 30 or 40 turns of individual food items all you have to do is just turn the basket as needed. Enjoy!!

Mike

Atomic Buffalo Turds!

~Boar

I'll have to try this one... never added little smokies to them before, but YUM!! Sounds GREAT!! :love: