• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jameson's Orange

Saxon9075

Has anyone tried the orange infused Jameson's Irish ? I spoke with an Irish friend who said it wasd the real thing, made with Irish Oranges. I didn't know they had them but he said in the very south it is even warm enough and there are greenhouses. Was going to pick up a bottle and try it. Maybe an Irish Old Fashioned ?

I bought a bottle of the Jamerson's Orange the other day and tried it last night. Very pronounced orange taste. More than if you had regular with a twist. It might be good in an Old Fashioned or a Manhattan (whatever you call them made with Irish Whisky). But not my go to for a cold damp evening.

I’m a firm believer in not buying liquor that comes Pre flavored with non-booze shit. Every time I’ve done so, the added flavor is potent and over the top! And frankly, some of that stuff just doesn’t go together.
I don't think I would have if my Irish friend had not said it was real and sold there. I have had good luck with the lime infused gin for G&T's and Hendricks has a subtle flavor. But I think I'll pass on another bottle.

I’m a firm believer in not buying liquor that comes Pre flavored with non-booze shit. Every time I’ve done so, the added flavor is potent and over the top! And frankly, some of that stuff just doesn’t go together.
Ordinarily, I'm the same. I did a distillery tour in CT, and they had a coffee bourbon. They took their barrel strength bourbon and cut it with cold brew coffee to bring it down to 86°. That was really good.

But a lot of these places take their baseline booze at 80° and add a bunch of artifical nonsense to drop it to 70° (or lower) and it tastes like you're drinking whatever flavor it is in concentrated form.

Ordinarily, I'm the same. I did a distillery tour in CT, and they had a coffee bourbon. They took their barrel strength bourbon and cut it with cold brew coffee to bring it down to 86°. That was really good.

But a lot of these places take their baseline booze at 80° and add a bunch of artifical nonsense to drop it to 70° (or lower) and it tastes like you're drinking whatever flavor it is in concentrated form.
Very interesting, by chance was the distillery in Connecticut Litchfield Hills ?