• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jim Belushi smokes Opus X

RyJ Smoker

Official Opus & Padron whore
I just finished watching 'The Defenders' and in the final minutes of the episode, Jim Belushi was holding a cigar. Upon rewinding and further review, it was the Perfecxion X :thumbs:

Jim has good taste.

Jeffrey L.

I saw todays episode I think he opened with a Camacho and I caught that Opus at the end.

Not the first actor caught smoking Opus X in a show. If you watch the movie Crank, the pool scene where he sees his boss Carlito. Pay close attention to the cigar Carlito smokes while relaxing by the pool. :thumbs:

Can't fault a guy for enjoying an Opus. Truly one of the great cigars.

I believe Sly was smoking an Opus in The Expendables too, as well as in his recent CA interview.

Jim is a CFCF member and comes to the God of Fire dinners as well. Nice guy, and yes, he loves Opus.

Jeff does Jim remind you of anyone...he should have been smoking a Diamond Crown Maximus :laugh:

Some interesting film background on Opus X Lost City....

http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2010/01/15/cigar-review-opus-x-lost-city/

I believe Sly was smoking an Opus in The Expendables too, as well as in his recent CA interview.

Yes, Sly is a big fan of Opus.....as am I :thumbs:

SlyOpus.jpg

Jeffrey L.

Jim Belushi actually had his own cigar line for a while in partnership with Chuck Norris, was called Lone Wolf.

How did it sell? More importantly...how did it smoke?

From what I understand, terrible on both accounts. It was before I got into cigars. I do have a promo photo of them both, autographed by both, though :thumbs:.

Jim Belushi actually had his own cigar line for a while in partnership with Chuck Norris, was called Lone Wolf.

A cigar made by Chuck Norris.... it'd kill you if you took a cold draw on it! :cool:

I just wish I could find one of the cheapo trucker hats they had on in the promo picture, looks like they stapled a patch onto a gas station hat, haha.

From what I understand, terrible on both accounts. It was before I got into cigars. I do have a promo photo of them both, autographed by both, though :thumbs:.

Yes, they were awful, awful cigars. Tasted like burning paper. I got a fiver from CI or Famous when they were on closeout. It was the last time I ever bought anything on closeout from CI or Famous without having smoked it first. A valuable lesson in what was the infancy of the internet portion of my cigar hobby.

Yes, they were awful, awful cigars. Tasted like burning paper. I got a fiver from CI or Famous when they were on closeout. It was the last time I ever bought anything on closeout from CI or Famous without having smoked it first. A valuable lesson in what was the infancy of the internet portion of my cigar hobby.

Well, the problem could have just been "closeout on CI", honestly. Many smokes that were supposed to be good were crap I got 'em on deals from CI or cbid. Good way for them to just get rid of product.

Or the smokes could have just really sucked. :)

-John

I think Tom Seleck got a box of God of Fire at the end of Blue Bloods friday night too.

Just caught Friday's episode of Blue Bloods on the DVR. Looks like the Prometheus is spending some marketing dollars.

Was listening to Bob and Tom this morning and Jim Belushi was their guest. He was talking about filming the defenders series and he said "Yes between takes I am working on my lines, that is unless I get a chance to have a cigar"
:thumbs: