• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnnie Walker Gold XR

Joebiech

Too ugly for a picture :P
I was going through the duty free and picked up a bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold XR. I don't have a picture to post as of this moment, but I haven't been able to find any information about it online. Just wondering if anybody had some info or some previous experience. The sales person did tell me it was new, but no info even on the Johnnie Walker site?

Thanks for looking

I would PM AVB he is the king when it comes to scotch and whiskey... I am not familiar with the bottle. I have had a bottle of the gold, but the XR has me wondering..

I was going through the duty free and picked up a bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold XR. I don't have a picture to post as of this moment, but I haven't been able to find any information about it online. Just wondering if anybody had some info or some previous experience. The sales person did tell me it was new, but no info even on the Johnnie Walker site?

Thanks for looking
I just spoke to the whisky ambassador for Johnnie Walker. He said he was familiar with it, but said it was only available in duty free. He gave me the impression that it might be a different blend, but nothing so different than the regular JW Gold. What did you pay for it?

As stated above it is a duty free only bottling and AFAIK it is the same stuff in the bottle but different packaging so it can't be easily resold. Other brands do the same thing, Dewar's Signature comes to mind although I can't say why some do it and others don't.

Thanks for looking
I just spoke to the whisky ambassador for Johnnie Walker. He said he was familiar with it, but said it was only available in duty free. He gave me the impression that it might be a different blend, but nothing so different than the regular JW Gold. What did you pay for it?

I believe I picked it up for approximately $93. I was hoping it was something different from the regular JW Gold :( . I tried out a bit and thought it was slightly better than the Gold but not as good as Blue, but maybe that's just the brain playing tricks on me.

Humm, That pricing would lead me to believe that my info is wrong. Gold should be about $52-60 Duty Free. Maybe the XR (either Extra Reserve or Extra Rare) is using the same ratio but with some older whiskies? I'm going to the Bahamas later in the summer so maybe I'll find some there and figure it out.

Gotta pic of the label?

Not sure if I am adding the picture correctly but here it is. Apologizes for being bad at taking pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47419620@N06/4385992748/

Can't seem to get the image in. I am getting "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." Maybe I just need to use something other than Flickr.

I'm not getting it either. Maybe you should load it on your CP gallery account.

gallery_3700_1332_15169.jpg

Sorry for the tiny picture. Flickr didn't want to give me the picture after I used its software to edit. :angry:

The bottle reminds me of the JW Blue King George. My sources tell me it's a different blend. I really don't think it's the regular JW Gold. Like I said...it's different, but not that different. I think you got something unique, so I wouldn't worry about the money spent.

Thanks for looking

what duty free store was that in.cheers