• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just about 30 years ago.......

Bayamos

You reap what you sow...

Just before I retired, I received a phone call at the office.
When I heard the voice on the other end of the call, I knew right away who it
was. It was a guy, I used to work with approx. 30 years ago. Soon as I heard him,
the first thing I said to him after all these years was, “what do you want to
do, sell me my bike back.” He started to laugh and said, “ actually, yes” I was
floored!

30 years prior, I sold my Electra Glide to him. Now, I got the chance to get her back!
Quicker than a prostitute could order, “cream of some young men” at a Chinese restaurant,
I smiled and said, “sure”.

I have had it in the shop going over it all. Needed some “updating”, shocks, solo  seat, rack, inner primary,
some re-plating,  front end plated, lowering kit, new rims,spokes, white walls, paint, (sprayed Rino) and some
other stuff. I stopped over to see the progress yesterday. I stuck my hand under the gas tank, pulled up on the S&S Carb
to choke it and fired it up. In a word sweet! Just have to acid wash the motor. Then, after 30 years,
she will be home again.

Awesome. I'm getting my Softail Blackline out of winter storage on Monday, looking forward to it.

Congrats on the reunion with the old bike. Pics if you got'em.

Very nice, what year?

I have an unmolested 72 FLH thats been in the shed for around 20 years. 

Awesome! You deserve it! I can not wait to see the beast! Now you just have to grow out that luxurious mane of yours so it can flow in the wind!!! :cool:

drunkfish3 said:
This tread is worthless with out Pics. :)
We think alike, I tell my priest that same thing..............