• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just tried the pipe!

lovetheleaf

I have been lurking around the pipe forum for a bit. I finally jumped on in to it. What sparked my interest was, I was given my wife's grandfathers pipes and pipe stand. I started doing some research here, in the pipe section as far as tobacco and everything. Well this weekend I was in Maryland visiting family and got that pipe collection. So I went on over to the tobacco store and was looking for some of the ones mentioned on here but the only thing they stocked were their own blends. I picked up an ounce of the Anniversario (Davidus tobacco). I really enjoyed smoking this although it was very light. It also lacked in flavor, some very light nutty tastes but that’s all. The guy at the tobacco store says he knows nothing about pipe tobacco but someone in the store told me it was an aromatic. I also picked up a corn cob pipe (Meerschaum).
I wanted to thank you guys for all the information I was able to find on Cp it has helped me very much with the beginning of my pipe smoking. It will be a while before I can get my hands on any other tobaccos to try due to tight money. Once I do I will be sure to put the word out as to what I think of it. Thanks again and looking forward to much more pipe smoking.
Chris

Good to see another convert.....

Tim

Enjoy the journey! Pipe smoking is a pleasure unlike any other.

Welcome!

Glad your first experience was a good one, plus there is an emotional connect between the pipes and your family. I often times think about my pipes being handed down to my children and how each smoke is adding more character to each of those pipes. It really is a simple pleasure in life like no other.

Enjoy!

There was something very different about smoking the pipe. I spent a good bit of time cleaning out these old pipes and smoked out of one, it was very smooth. The Corn cob was OK as well. I think the only let down was the tobacco. But before I completely write it off I will definitely burn a couple more bowls of it. I really enjoyed the smoking experience a lot and I am looking very forward to more.

A little something to hold over will leave in the morning (well my morning).

Tim

welcome to the wonderfull world of pipes! As said above, it is a great experience. Tobacco selection is key and also give it a few weeks to get your tounge use to it. I found that some of the tobacco I didn't enjoy my first couple weeks, I'm really enjoying now. Take your time and it will pay off.

Nice play MX. You will find no better place than CP! You can ask your questions and the wealth of knowledge the members have is amazing. I've learned more from here and trial and error than can be imagined!

Andy

I'll definitely be getting more into pipes this fall/winter. Planning on purchasing some blends from Boswells, can't wait to try Christmas Cookie. Hopefully I can perfect the pack this time around!

Yeah, the Fall is going to be a great time for pipe smoking. I started smoking last winter and was not able to get outside much during that season, and the summer was fairly crazy (hot, rainy, hectic). I'm really looking forward to the Fall and Christmas time.

When I purchase my first Boswell, I'll be getting some Christmas Cookie with that order, (even though I'm moving away from aromatics, I gotta get this for Christmas)!

DC# 0303 1290 0000 8082 5991

I ment to post this yesterday, but time got away from me. I hope you enjoy Chris

Tim

Tim,
Package received. :) I cant thank you enough for your generosity! I was blown away by the selection you sent. :0 I have a bowl of the night cap burning right now and it is incredible. Thanks again sir.
Chris

Glad that you are enjoying it. I was turned on to nightcap by a fellow BOT(p)L Brother of the Pipe Leaf and am onmy second or 3rd purchase of it.

Tim