• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kindle E reader

Franco593

Looking at getting my daughter a Kindle Touch for Christmas. Not considering the Fire as it's overkill ..plus she has a Iphone and a good Mac...

Going to use for reading only. Any good ,bad feedback out there?

My wife has the nook and she likes it. The good thing about the kindle is it can sync the page your reading with your iPhone and Mac.

Satchmo was looking for one a few weeks back..

www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=70647&hl=tablet&fromsearch=1

Best device for reading, imo. Wife has one and she reads a lot on it.

I have the last one and I love it. I take the train to and from work everyday so I get plenty of use out of it. Now that you can borrow Kindle books from the library there is no downside that I can see. And if you are an Amazon Prime member you can borrow books directly from Amazon for an unlimited amount of time (you only get 30 days with the library books).

I've got the Kindle Keyboard (previously known as 3rd gen) and I love it. Much lighter than my iPad 2 which makes a big difference when holding it up for hours at a time. I also sync my books between my Kindle and the Kindle app on my iDevices and Mac. Being able to highlight, search, and annotate is the icing on top of the awesome Kindle cake. :)

I've got the Kindle Keyboard too. I love it. The e-ink is easy on the eyes; plus, I overheard a conversation last week at a local coffee shop about a book. Two minutes later I had downloaded it and was reading the first chapter.

I have the big Kindle DX . . . absolutely love it. Makes everything "large print edition" and they convert all my academic pdf files to Kindle format for free.

The Fire looks like a lot of fun, but I prefer reading on the liquid ink screens, so if I get one, it'll just be for Facebook and movies and such.

~Boar

My wife and I both used Nooks before we got ipads and loved every second. The Nook also sync's the page numbers to iphones and such like the kindle. Anymore kindle vs nook is just Chevy vs Ford. You can't go wrong with either one, but choose wisely because once you pick one your stuck with all those books being in their software so you'll keep using their stuff for a long time.

Anymore kindle vs nook is just Chevy vs Ford. You can't go wrong with either one

I definitely agree. The same year I got my Kindle, my wife and I got my sister a Nook and she loves it. I'm not sure about the newer ones, but my Kindle 3G (keyboard?) is significantly lighter than the the equivalent Nook (not that the Nook is all that heavy, though).

My wife has the Nook and loves it. She uses it everyday. We are probably going to upgrade her to the Nook Tablet soon though.

If you're an avid reader an eReader is the way to go. Kindle is good because the Amazon store has a huge selection but basically any e-Ink device is great for reading. You can read outdoors by the pool, no glare like an LCD screen. I've had a Kindle for the last 15 months and I've increased my reading tenfold during that time.

The Kindle is by far the best e-reader imho. The battery life is insane, due to the e-ink technology. My wife can go a month without having to recharge her's!

Jason

We have a new Kindle Fire and love it. I realize you're not in the market for a Fire, but IMHO these guys have it together. A very cool device.

I won the 3G/Keyboard version in a raffle. Gave it to the wife since I can't read and she loves the thing. She talks so highly of it, mom asked for one for Christmas. Don't know which version we got her. Nothing but good things about them from over here.

I baught the keyboard kindle during black Friday (85), and I liked it but wasn't to into the internet c apabilities. I ended up selling it bc the kindle (all except fire and dx) are STRICTLY for reading. Although I was ok with it reading, I wanted some kind of internet capabilities. What I ended up doing is buying a HP tablet and downloaded the kindle apps. Now ithe tablet provided way better internet capabilities at a fraction of the kindle fire price.......

With the apps available for download.....I dnt see how people or why people would buy the touch or keyboard versions.....just mho

I bought the keyboard kindle during black Friday (85), and I liked it but wasn't to into the Internet capabilities. I ended up selling it because the kindle (all except fire and dx) are STRICTLY for reading. Although I was ok with it reading, I wanted some kind of Internet capabilities. What I ended up doing is buying a HP tablet and downloaded the kindle apps. Now the tablet provided way better Internet capabilities at a fraction of the kindle fire price.......

With the apps available for download.....I dont see how people or why people would buy the touch or keyboard versions.....just mho

Because a tablet is a tablet and a e-reader a device to read on. it may not have as much functions as a tablet, but it does what it is designed for well. Also its lighter than a tablet, the accu lasts longer and if it falls and breaks it isn't such a huge monetary loss.

I bought my wife the standard kindle for her birthday tomorrow, I'm hoping she likes it as much as I think she will.

P.S. HP threw the WEB OS tablet out in a fire-sale, if they hadn't of done that the kindle fire would have been a lot cheaper in price. the HP tablet sold over here for well over 600 dollars before HP shot themselves in the foot.

since I can't read...

Wait what? ??? How do you use a Internet forum then?

I baught the keyboard kindle during black Friday (85), and I liked it but wasn't to into the internet c apabilities. I ended up selling it bc the kindle (all except fire and dx) are STRICTLY for reading. Although I was ok with it reading, I wanted some kind of internet capabilities. What I ended up doing is buying a HP tablet and downloaded the kindle apps. Now ithe tablet provided way better internet capabilities at a fraction of the kindle fire price....... With the apps available for download.....I dnt see how people or why people would buy the touch or keyboard versions.....just mho

To be fair the Kindle does have an internet browser. Its just not very good. It does work for reading online news papers and the like, though.