• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Laid a treasured pet to rest today

g-smoke

Silent but deadly
I don't really delve too much into the personal on the board, but I know others have done it, and I think it's probably pretty therapeutic... So, forgive me for indulging.

Just wanted to say R.I.P. to one of our family pets -- my wife's first cat Booka. She was a bit of a crusty old lady but my girls loved her to death, and I guess I did too. Today was her last day on Earth and I'm smoking an Oliva V and drinking a little Michter's Straight Rye in her honor.

Funny little tidbit is, much like the Oliva V, I didn't think I liked our cat too much when we first met. I know she didn't like me. I was competition for the attention of my wife -- then girlfriend. But we grew to love each other and I spent many an hour on my couch watching episodes of The Sopranos, The Wire and Battlestar Galactica with her by my side... Like the Oliva V that I'm smoking tonight I grew to love her despite a touchy beginning to our relationshiop. Tonight I am enjoying the smoke and memories of a treasured family pet.

Give your cats, dogs and loved ones a nice hug tonight. I know I did.

RIP to your furry friend. We have five little dogs, one of which was recently very ill, but is now doing much better.

They become family members and the loss of any one of them leaves a space that's hard to fill, and impossible not to notice.

Enjoy the smoke, the grog, and the good memories, with my Best Regards - B.B.S.

My sympathies and prayers go out to your family for this loss. My wife and I got two cats a little over two years ago and they have really grown on us through the years. At least you smoked a good one in her honor!

Kyle

Sorry to hear. Its always tough to lose a beloved pet but I wish you and the family all the best.

I'm really sorry about your family's loss. I used to HATE cats, then my sister brought 2 kittens to my parent's house when she graduated from college...god have I grown to love them...although I dont' see em much now.

I hope your family is able to get a new kitten, not to replace Booka, but to add that joy back into your life.

Best wishes to you and your family, and RIP to Booka.

-Aaron

Sorry to read this. My sympathies go out to you and your family and I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

G,
Sorry to hear for your loss. Our family has (3) cats none of which I wanted but have come to like very much.

They are like family members if you allow them into your heart.

Be well friend.

My sympathies as well. They're part of our families. Sometimes non-pet owners don't understand that the grief we feel at their passing is all too real.

R.I.P. Booka
cat-heaven.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. Pets to me become furry children. I will smoke something good in Bookas honor.

I consider my pets my greatest gifts and my best friends. My thoughts go out to you during this time.

May Booka rest in peace. I am sorry for you and your families loss.

Those little buggers really grow on ya...

Wanna really feel the pain? Go see Marley & Me - that's the love/hate relationship I have with my Rottweiler/Boxer mix - except I can't even think of what this place will be like without her...

Just rescued a 3 yr old cat from the shelter - we were off to a bit of a rocky start (at first he wanted to test his teeth in our arms). He's MUCH better now. However - I have to somehow break him of the habit of poking at me, and rubbing his face on my face, at 5 a.m (I think he sorta likes me)...

The pain will be less as time goes by, but thankfully the memories will remain!

R.I.P. Booka