• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LapTops for Kids

kona1000

Buy Bitcoin
Brothers and Sisters,

I am in charge of the Angel Fund in Norfolk County, Ma. and I am collecting old laptops that people no longer in need of. We are going to refurbish them and give them to a child in need of one, that can't afford one. We all know how important it is for a good education to have a computer.

Please if you have one or two laying around, put it to good use for a child. I should be able to pay for shipping but I'm going to have to check with the director. Let me see how many people send in but for know I'll cover it.

Your gift is extremely appreciated and donations to nonprofits are tax deductible!!

Thanks,

Dave

Lemme verify if I could get my hands on some used laptop at the job...They change it but I never known what trhey do with them. I'll hit the guys at the service desk and I'll get back at ya Dave!

I have one that we are going to be sending to an e-waste place. I can't remember the specs off hand, but will see if I can find the power cord and send it your way.

no worries....Maybe the batteries will be used (as in not keeping the charge) but the rest is supposed to work. I'll be there tomorow to see if they can help you.

The one I have does work, and the battery will hold a charge. I just need to make sure I have the power cord, otherwise the laptop is just a paperweight.

Wow guys I really appreciate it- this is really going to make a difference form some children, The gifts are all anonymous or I would try to give you some kind of Bio on the child who receives it.

Thanks again so much.

I will be bumping this post from time to time!!

The Angel fund does many things. In my area we help local school children with their education needs.
Buying glasses for kids that need them or books or what ever they need.

I'm working on trying to find laptops for kids that could really use them but can't afford one.

I know there could be issues about the information on the laptop you are donating but I assure you this is a very honorable organization and the laptops are wipped clean.

Thanks for your interest.

You're welcome.

May I have the exact name of this charitable institution. Thank you.

Sure it is the Masonic Angel Fund

Edit to add:

http://www.masonicangelfund.org/index2.htm

You can actually make donations there or find a local chapter and donate to them, that might be easier than mailing your old laptop to me.

Guess my first post got deleted by thereboot.

Unfortunately Dave the tech services here cannot give away any piece of hardware. There is something about rules and stuff so they said no... sorry man

That's okay, Just throwing it out there to the community, It seems like we all have old laptops just sitting in a closet or stacked in a corner, why not put them to use!

It is a tax right off!!