• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Latest Opus shipments... Are they coming?

JBL11183

Lurker
I live in North Jersey and there are a bunch of B&M's that always get the regular Opus shipments. Every year before fathers day they get their stock. Noone has gotten them in... My cousin was in Miami and a shop owner told him that there was a fire at the factory and they might not come this time around. I talked to an owner of a shop I frequent and long time Fuentes dealer and he said he also heard rumors and still hasn't gotten his shipment in. Anyone hear anything about this, or see any sign of Opus coming? I'm freaking out because I have none left and I was planning to stock up for the summer. It seems I can only find them online on those sites that sell them for triple MSRP.

Check with Tampa Sweethearts. The store is Arturo Fuente Jr's and maybe he can give some insight. ???

J.C. Newman had a big meeting earlier this year and one of the subjects of the meetings was to reconfigure the allocation of Opus. It was said that they looked closely at their current Opus accounts, how they sell them, and either took away from their allocation or added to it. Just keep checking back with him...tell him to call his local rep, the rep will know.

The June/July shipments to the midwest and as far as I know the rest of the country are on schedule.
Beyond that it becomes more questionable.
Source- Fuente rep.

Don't mean to threadjack, but is this the same case for Anejo's. I was thinking about trying to track some down because I was under the impression they're released around Father's Day and Christmas.

I'll be in Tampa tomorrow afternoon. Hoping to get by Tampa Sweethearts and if I do will ask and report back.

I got an email from my local B&M yesterday afternoon letting me know that the latest shipment of OpusX had arrived and were available for sale. Looks like they have been shipping at least the OpusX before Father's Day. No idea on the Anejos.

Don't mean to threadjack, but is this the same case for Anejo's. I was thinking about trying to track some down because I was under the impression they're released around Father's Day and Christmas.

Just Christmas I believe...
In the past they have shipped Anejos for Father's day, I would always buy some for my father in law.

Fyi to those of you who miss out on your local's opus, here in abq not many people smoke em. I can help a few members in good standing out if yall are willing to pay the bit of taxes they apply here.

My local had some, but the prices seamed prettyhigh from the last time i bought Opus (3 or 4 years ago). I'm not sure if the prices have gone up universally or if its taxes or something else. A Belicoso was $16 and the FF was $14. How do these prices compare to prices in your areas?

Just got an email from Shadow's shop in WV and they seemed to do pretty well with a shipment.

Well, Arturo Jr wasn't in but he advised and it seems that everyone here is aware already that the Opus shipments have gone out. Can't say the same for Anejo. The folks at Tampa Sweethearts weren't sure if any Anejo would go out this summer or not.

I live in North Jersey and there are a bunch of B&M's that always get the regular Opus shipments. Every year before fathers day they get their stock. Noone has gotten them in... My cousin was in Miami and a shop owner told him that there was a fire at the factory and they might not come this time around. I talked to an owner of a shop I frequent and long time Fuentes dealer and he said he also heard rumors and still hasn't gotten his shipment in. Anyone hear anything about this, or see any sign of Opus coming? I'm freaking out because I have none left and I was planning to stock up for the summer. It seems I can only find them online on those sites that sell them for triple MSRP.

I think the Tobacco Shop in Ridgewood got their shipment.

My local B&M got there Opus yestarday. They said they got more then usual

How's the latest shipment smoking? I've been completely off them since 2011. Just seemed to be one disapointment after another.

Just went to my local shop and they made sure I knew they had some. I will smoke my first one tonight. I hope they are as good as their reputation. My shop has a 3 sticks a day limit per person which I thought was very nice. That way even noobs like me get a chance to try them before they are all gone. ;)