• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lean Manufacturing

kona1000

Buy Bitcoin
I was wondering if their where any Brother/Sisters here who where involved in Lean Manufacturing that I could talk to about Associations they or their companies belong to.

Even Software developers that use Lean techniques to deliver Software.

Thanks,

Dave

When I read the title I was really hoping this thread was about medicated cough syrup..

:) Anyway, good luck Kona.

Where I work we have a lean divison for optimising our clients ork processes based on the lean approach but not in the software development (wich we also do). Actually I dont know of a company in the market that does..

Congrats on the black belt acheivement!

edited because I cant spell with my fat fingers..

The company I work for builds automated Pick-to-Light systems. They are used to prevent people from making mistakes when they are picking parts out of bins whether they are assembling something or just kitting parts. We supply the hardware to mount to the parts racks or can supply rack and all. We also have software that can integrate the PtL with other parts of the assembly/kitting process and can interface to the MES software if necessary (for instance, real time Build-to-Order). Oddly enough we don't belong to any specific Lean Manufacturing associations and I can't even think of any off the top of my head. Then again we are a huge company with 300,000 x 10[sup]-5[/sup] employees. :whistling:

I am a Lean Six Sigma Black belt, our company had several of us trained and many more Green Belts as well. I worked on several projects and completed many saving millions of dollars. However, they never really grasped the investment in time it took to develop and sustain the changes we made and we were all given many other tasks and assignments. Eventually, the project work became side work or things worked off the corners of our desks. Basically the department has fizzled out and I no longer even work on projects because I took a promotion to a different area. I do use the tools in my daily work life to some extent but not the entire process. Our manufacturing plants do have dedicated black belts but there is no longer an enterprise effort to have them impact the Logistics side. Being my activities were primarily internal to my company, I do not belong to any organizations.