• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Leap of Faith

Feynnehrun

So...a while back I picked up a cheap Cob and tried a bowl of some "super value" very cherry tobacco. I enjoyed the experience but not more than cigars. I had recently picked up a vector pipe and got to try a bowl of Black cavendish and vanilla cavendish at a pipe tobacco tasting at the local shop. Been reading and learning...bought a small sampler from pipesandcigars.com and I think I'm ready to build my knowledge. Thanks all for introducing me to the pipe community and any advice is more than welcome :D

Well, you could buy a tin of good Virginia and see if you like that. What did you get from P&C?

The best advice I can give is to take your time and stick with it for awhile. Smoking a pipe isn't a "pick it up, pack it, light it" proposition. It takes time to get things working well and even more time to get things working how you'd like them.

Do try a few different types of quality tobaccos. Search around the Pipe Room for some suggestions.

Good luck!

:thumbs: