• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Let me ask your opinion.

atuck

ANEJORE
I just found out my brother went and spent the weekend w my high school sweetheart of 5 yrs. is it wrong that I'm upset w the situation? He is a lowlife that I don't want associated w someone that I care about. I am very upset about this. What do you think? Let me know what your opinion is, please. Most I have tAlked to about this think my brother is wrong.

I personally think you should not be upset. In our "age group" anyway. High school was a long time ago. Lol! It not like he is with your ex wife or even worse your wife.
Now, as for your brothers personality , well you have to be the judge of that but also live with what you deside .

I had a hard time with my brother when I found out he was gay. Plus now he is currently engaged to a man. I never let him know this openly but I was brought up that this was wrong. After a few years I just accepted it and it does not effect me as it once did. He is still my bro and sometime in your life all you have is family.

If your feelings are not reciprocated, you don't have a leg to stand on. Don't dwell on the past, or in a flash that's all you'll have left. Make a new future for yourself.

Spent the weekend, as in bed together? Unless you're sleeping with her, they both are adults and obviously aren't concerned with your feelings. Chalk it up to experience and drop them both. More time to worry about cigars and adult beverages.

If it were me.... I couldn't say it wouldn't bother me.

It wouldn't be my place to intervene, or say anything. They are both adults ( as long as no physical abuse, or anything illegal is taking place).

If she's smart and what you say is true, she'll run in the other direction. Some times misery loves company. You've gotta let people make mistakes in this world sometimes. Usually they learn something valuable and are better for it.

If your brother is a lowlife like you say, then it is her mistake to make, not your's to make sure she doesn't.  I'd just let it pass by & try not to think about it.

If you aren't currently dating (or married) to her, is it really any of your concern?  Like others have said, if you brother is like you say, you shouldn't have to worry as she will find out quickly what he is like.

I would suggest to just sit back enjoy a cigar in your smoking room and let it all work itself out.

atuck said:
is it wrong that I'm upset w the situation?
Feelings are just feelings and often not rational, or reality based. Sometimes we feel them so strongly that we believe them to be true because it "feels right."

Not necessarily so.

They are adults, no commitment was made to you that has been broken. They have every right to a relationship and the potential joy or misery that the relationship may bring.

2K6TBSS said:
If you aren't currently dating (or married) to her, is it really any of your concern? ......I would suggest to just sit back enjoy a cigar in your smoking room and let it all work itself out.
This.

Give it time, the feelings should pass. Who knows? they might be the best thing that ever happened to each other.

Wish them the best and move on.

bfreebern said:

Let it go. Free yourself from all the troubles.

Let it go!

http://youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU

Us parents think alike....first thought that came to my head.....

0.jpg

I actually have not been able to enjoy it from beginning to end as various tasks n stuff in the middle of watching have prevented me from doing so. From what I've watched it's a cool lil flick. Cute.

atuck said:
snip my high school sweetheart of 5 yrs snip

This thread is meaningless without 30 year old Polaroids to prove you tapped it first... :whistling:

Celebrate their arrangement...or you may find yourself celebrating your arraignment!

grateful1 said:
Celebrate their arrangement...or you may find yourself celebrating your arraignment!

I see what you did there!

Let it go, resentment is like drinking a poison & waiting for the other person to die.