• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Let me see your knives...

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
So, I'm in the market for a new bushcraft/backpacking knife. I love my Ka-Bar BK7, but I'd like something a bit smaller for when I carry my tomahawk. I've been eyeballing the Esee 4 and Swamp Rat Rodent 4. That's about the size I'd like, seeing as I have a combat Bowie already. Not interested in folders, only fixed blades. Show me whatcha got!

BK-16

2nd from bottom

018121.JPG

Nice BK collection! I love those knives. My BK7 has been used an LS abused.

Oi! I've loved knives since I was like 7 yrs old and my stepdad gave me his knives that he brought back from WWII.
I've never lost the fascination with them.

Both of those knives you're eyeing are competent for sure but I'd also add the BK2 and Whopper's suggested BK16 in the mix. Especially if you like the tweaked 1095 steel. I love how comfortable Uncle Ethan's knives are.

I have a Scrapyard 511 and Fallkniven F1 in that size range. I'll get a Infi Busse when they come out with something I like in a 4-5" blade. 

I need to get a new SD card, and if I remember, I'll post some pics. Been wanting to start another knife conversation for a while.

I've gifted many BK2's over the years, but oddly enough I've never bought one for myself. Those things are seemingly indestructible! For the price, I don't think they can be beat.

I actually am working on a good friend of mine's BK2 right now. It's been stripped, sanded down and I've been rust bluing it. It needs a little more work but once it is done, it's going to look awesome. I'll make sure to put up photos once it's done.

Make sure you post those pictures brother, I want to see!

Sure thing. Most of my knives are either folders or bigger bowie, chopper, entries. I've sort of bought and eventually sold over my lifetime.
This last episode was choppers. It's a sickness, I tell ya!

I carry a Kershaw.  It's kind of a no-nonsense knife.

My everyday carry knife: Spyderco Chicago, 2" blade, legal for carry most anywhere.

SP130GPz.jpg

I've carried a Spyderco Caly 3 for a long time now.  It's a bit bigger than I'd like for EDC.  I had a Kopa I really liked as well.  The Kershaw assisted open knives were very nice as well.  I have a CRK Mnandi somewhere that I don't use as often as I should.

For my EDC I carry a first generation SOG Trident. Plain edge, non coated. It's been beat to hell, but it keeps a sweet edge. I stippled the handle, and it's really grippy now. I'll have to throw up a picture. At work I rock a Blackhawk CQD Mark 1 serrated. It has a glass break and seatbelt cutter which is handy for my line of work. When backpacking I usually carry my BK7 and a SOG tomahawk.

A729A4CF-6D6D-4A94-B5B0-45702214FDAC.jpg

ED2FA6D6-A441-4B4B-B849-FE73E255D22E.jpg

Did you say fixed blades?

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11499]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11500]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11501]

Haha, I love bayonets. Nice set you have there!

That's a pretty sweet knife Bu11dog. What's the steel used on it? I might have missed it in the description.

So these BK knives are pretty good for the money? Anyone carry any fixed blades for EDC. As for folders I carry a Benchmade Triage and a ZT 0300

For the money, they are hard to beat. The BK2 is 1095 carbon steel, 1/4" thick. Incredible knife, but to keep the cost down the finish work on the blade is rough. Lots of grind marks. They coat the blade to hide it, but if you strip it you will see. It's not a pretty knife, it's a working knife. I polished out one and cleaned it up, looked great afterwards.

chiefmd said:
So these BK knives are pretty good for the money? Anyone carry any fixed blades for EDC. As for folders I carry a Benchmade Triage and a ZT 0300

My EDC is a Benchmade 890BK Torrent, and I love it!

7DD61277-94F6-4842-844E-2F094D45A8F3_zpsdm1ensoi.jpg

I also have some SOG throwing knives at home. :)

I love benchmade, I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of coin on a folder as I am always worried about losing it. I need to just do it, seeing as I've had my SOG for years and years. Bitching knife Jimmy.

executiveengravables_2117_1597821796.jpg

Not much of a combat knife, but I rarely stab them anymore.

Doc

My edc is a Kershaw Blackout.    Nothing fancy, but gets the job done.