• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Let's see your concoctions!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
We all have that drink which we either copied, stole, or invented. Mine is a dinner martini.

Some big stuffed olives, some nice flavorful meat, and some nice flavorful cheese.

This one is a shaker of olive juice, ice and vodka, shaken extremely aggressively to create ice chips, poured over three toothpicks of olive, a couple different venison cheddar snack sticks I made, and smoked cheddar. By the time you finish the martini, it has a nice meaty/smokey flavor and then you get to eat dinner!

Dinner martini.jpg

We all have that drink which we either copied, stole, or invented. Mine is a dinner martini.

Some big stuffed olives, some nice flavorful meat, and some nice flavorful cheese.

This one is a shaker of olive juice, ice and vodka, shaken extremely aggressively to create ice chips, poured over three toothpicks of olive, a couple different venison cheddar snack sticks I made, and smoked cheddar. By the time you finish the martini, it has a nice meaty/smokey flavor and then you get to eat dinner!

View attachment 38884
I am not this creative!!!! I typically mix with 1 large serving of frozen H2O

I used to mix a 3 Wise Men or 4 Horsemen in a tumbler. Rumpleminz, Gold Sclagger, Jaeger, and optionally Bacardi 151.

I don't think that drink was ever meant to be consumed in volume, but at least it freshens the breath.

I can also verify from experience that Romanian Moonshine is evil.

I used to mix a 3 Wise Men or 4 Horsemen in a tumbler. Rumpleminz, Gold Sclagger, Jaeger, and optionally Bacardi 151.

I don't think that drink was ever meant to be consumed in volume, but at least it freshens the breath.

I can also verify from experience that Romanian Moonshine is evil.
OMG

View attachment 38884
I could see myself trying this! Thanks for the idea.

New York sours have been a favorite of mine. But its not my recipe :)
1612908942979.png

I love the layers. What's in it?
Here is traditional, I DO NOT use the egg. I also increase the wine amount.

Ingredients
2 ounces rye whiskey or bourbon
1 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
3/4 ounce simple syrup
1 egg white (optional)
1/2 ounce red wine

Steps
Add the whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white (optional) into a shaker with ice and shake hard until well-chilled.
Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
Slowly pour the red wine over the back of a bar spoon so that the wine floats on top of the drink.

Ingredients
3/4 ounce simple syrup
1 egg white (optional)
1/2 ounce red wine

Steps
Add the whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white (optional) into a shaker with ice and shake hard until well-chilled.
Slowly pour the red wine over the back of a bar spoon so that the wine floats on top of the drink.

Thanks for posting....I may try this. I'm scared about the egg though....raw egg white in a drink? I know you don't use it, but what is that supposed to do for the drink?????

Thanks for posting....I may try this. I'm scared about the egg though....raw egg white in a drink? I know you don't use it, but what is that supposed to do for the drink?????
I'm not really sure what the point of the egg is. I don't like raw egg nor do I trust it so it got pitched. I made these for 3-4 different friends and they all really enjoyed it. Its quick and easy to make, but still looks like you are a master bartender

Ingredients
3/4 ounce simple syrup
1 egg white (optional)
1/2 ounce red wine

Steps
Should I assume that you put the ice in first so it doesn't disrupt the layering?

And.....I don't like sweet in drinks, does the simple syrup make it sweet?

I'm not really sure what the point of the egg is. I don't like raw egg nor do I trust it so it got pitched. I made these for 3-4 different friends and they all really enjoyed it. Its quick and easy to make, but still looks like you are a master bartender
Guessing it would make it creamy.

Yeah I believe in mixed drinks an egg white creates a foam that doesn't dissipate, especially when you shake with ice. My guess would also be high proof alcohols will take care of any microbial concerns.

Should I assume that you put the ice in first so it doesn't disrupt the layering?

And.....I don't like sweet in drinks, does the simple syrup make it sweet?
Shake with ice, then strain into a glass with ice already in it yes.

Its a little sweet because its basically a whiskey sour with wine on top but you can play with the amount of simple syrup if you want it less sweet. I use more wine so the whole drink is less sweet.

Yeah I believe in mixed drinks an egg white creates a foam that doesn't dissipate, especially when you shake with ice. My guess would also be high proof alcohols will take care of any microbial concerns.

Oh really, hadn't thought of that. So the high proof will do that to the egg white? If so I may try it as intended....at least once.

This thread has officially jumped the effing shark.

BTW, I think egg whites add creamy frothiness. My girls' favorite drink, Ramos Gin Fizz, incorporates egg whites for exactly that reason.