• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Let's see your Jeep/SUV/Truck/off road rigs.

CBoukal, nice passenger, good looking Jeep!
Golfgar, I never noticed the doors on the ones running around Omaha. I like that set up.

Golfgar, I never noticed the doors on the ones running around Omaha. I like that set up.

The big negative with the old time half doors is that the windows are all plastic and you can only get the base level Sport model. My daughter drives my Jeep with the full metal doors, power windows and all the luxury stuff. They look great with top up or with the hardtop like CBoukal, (love the look of the color keyed hardtop) and can have a lot of the creature comforts. I think the full doors are a must if it is the primary driver but for me the half doors look good with the top down and I am fortunate enough to have another car to drive . Didn't know they came that way until I saw a friend of mine's last year while hunting. Had a 1989 with the half doors so it was good to see the 1/2 doors were available on the 4 door.

By the way the old Cherokee was my favorite vehicle for a long time, owned 4 of them and the first one was a 1984 with the Jeep inline 4 and a manual transmission, wish I still have that today. Great all round ride. Many hunting trips and rough-country excursions while having decent road manners and plenty of room for all the schtuff.

Last edited:
OK Stop right there.... You are from Omaha??? NE right?? We need to get together for a smoke... And guess what.. We live about 1 mile apart based on your pictures I am going to say you can get to a taco johns in under 60 seconds right

So how does the soft top connect? behind the back seats?? On mine I had to install those plastic sills. Or do you take that off when the top is down.

Soft top connects just like the full metal doors. I have not take the soft top completely off, just folded behind the seats. The doors have the plastic sills that can be taken off by unscrewing 3 screws with plastic handles along each side of the Jeep. The upper doors/windows fit against the plastic sills.