• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LFD Mysterio review

hojadepuro

eschew obfuscation
I got this bad boy back in the pass I did a few months ago, and have been waiting for just the right time to fire it up! I have never had a Mysterio and I was curious how it would smoke through the wrapper flaws. :D I decided last night would be the night to fire it up.

The smoke
IMG_2240.jpg

As you can see this thing has been through a rough time! The wrapper is completely busted and the filler tobacco is bursting through. I clipped just the pigtail tip off the cigar and the draw was extremely lose, as you can imagine! :rolleyes:

IMG_2246.jpg

I fired up the maduro tip, and noticed some very sweet earthly flavors. I was huffing very hard, and had to put my fingers over the cracks in the wrapper to draw in the smoke. BUT... it was smoking pretty well. I was getting some decent smoke and flavors, and the burn was pretty even to my surprise! At this point I had been smoking pretty hard for 30 min. or so.

IMG_2251.jpg

At this time I started to notice some slight burn problems! :sign: The flavor was becoming less intriguing and more repulsive at this point. The sweet earthly flavors had faded into a raw earthy tobacco flavor that was not enjoyable. PLUS...the burn was a tad off at this point. :laugh: However, I forged through the burn problems to continue smoking! :thumbs:

IMG_2252.jpg

I got a little bit farther, but the draw was horrible at this point and I was getting minimal smoke. The flavor had also left, and it was not enjoyable any longer. This was over an hour into the cigar, and I have been smoking quickly!

IMG_2253.jpg

I go ahead and leave the smoke here. I have to say it was a unique experience for me. I was not sure if I could even get any kind of draw out of it, or if it would just explode when I lit it! :sign: The first two inches or so were actually quite enjoyable, and my wife got a good kick out of me trying to stop up all the holes to get a decent draw out of it! She said it looked like I was playing a clarinet or something!! :laugh: Hope you all enjoy. Take care guys

Brandon

lol entertaining review Brandon. The one mysterio I tried had the WORST tar problem I have ever experienced. It was absolutely disgusting.

Good try my man. You get an A for effort. I had one of these and some how it has vanished. Oh well another day another time I will get a chance.

Good try my man. You get an A for effort. I had one of these and some how it has vanished. Oh well another day another time I will get a chance.

I've got you covered, Shane. I'll bring it along to the BBQ Herf.

Wow, Brandon! That's an ugly cigar experience right there. Makes me sad to see such a beautiful stick go that route.

I got a little bit farther, but the draw was horrible at this point and I was getting minimal smoke. The flavor had also left, and it was not enjoyable any longer. This was over an hour into the cigar, and I have been smoking quickly!

I have smoked one of these (without the wrapper mishap) and your review is in line with what I experienced. At first there seemed to be potential to be a great smoke and then I could get no flavor or smoke out of it.

Huh! I have a fifer of these sitting in my humi, maybe I'll forget about them for a few more years.

You get two :thumbs: :thumbs: for a game try!

That is the worst cigar I've ever seen that is still smokable. Wow.

Wilkey

Personally I love these cigars...I have never had a bad one...Still got 2 in the humi with about 6 months on them...Hardest thing for me is waiting lol...Will wait till it hits a yr before I smoke another one to see how it is after a yr...Smoked 2 OTT then one at 3 months...Looking forward to getting my hands on some of the oscuro wrapped mysterios...yummmmmmy lol...Len