• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighter

Bsneed51

Habitual Threadjacker!
I know this has been discussed many times over, but it's been a while.

So, after 8 years my trust Blazer PB207 seems to be on it's last leg.    Probably the best $40 I've spent.    Anyway, thinking I will probably replace it with another, but wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone has purchased one in recent years, and is the quality still good?  

Is there anything better to hit the market that I should be looking at instead?

The Blazer Wide Flame?????  Also, I got a few Vertigos to try out and they are nice.  The Vertigo Vortex has all the right features, triple jet, holds a ton of butane, and easy adjustment. 

Ronson Jetlite Butane Lighter

About $5 at a Walmart....uses all kinds of full...consistent and efficient.

I miss my BP too, btw! 

:(

Yea, the Ronson is hard to beat for less than 5 bucks. I have several lying around the house. The Blazer is a very nice lighter although my junior version crapped out after a few months. I carefully dismantled it and got it to work a bit better. Who knows, it might just be a singular dud. I use Vector Quintuple filtered fuel, exclusively. One pain in the ass with the Junior is that none of the fuel can nozzles fit it properly.

I got a Xikar ELX that I like a lot, mainly for the lifetime guarantee and Outlaw Cigar is 5 minutes away where they'll either repair it or swap it for a new one if I have any problems. If I had to ship it or drive across town I probably would stick with my main torches- the Zippo inserts.  If you watch Amazon you can get them for around 6 or 7 bucks, and they're cheap enough to have a backup on hand.  

I forgot to me to I also had to replace my old Blazer with a newer one. The new is no where as good as the older one it replaced. I actually forgot all about it until ironpeddler mentioned's post.

Mine crapped out about six months ago so I googled a repair and found one on You Tube, unfortunately I can't find it again. It was basically taking it apart and repositioning flame adjuster back half way so when it was reassembled you gave yourself more height adjustment. I also cleaned everything with machine parts solvent. It seems to be working fine. Biggest problem I had was finding a jewelry Phillips screwdriver and a magnifying glass so I could see the tiny parts. My eyeglass repair screwdriver was too big. Good luck.

[SIZE=11pt]The Blazer is a very nice lighter but now I am used lacasadelhabano-brussels lighter at the time. This is a nice frame & and is the quality still good . [/SIZE]

I have about a 10 year old triple flame nibo that just keeps cranking, and a 6 yearold two flame that operates flawlessly and doesn't use nearly as much gas. Table lighter is the massive 5 flame rocky Patel.

I also have a quad-flame no-name lighter I got on ebay that lights everytime.
I'm pretty sure the lighter that I had die (after 1 month!) was a Jetline.

Ronson Jetlite is the way to go. Still using the same one for over 5 yrs.

Just swapped out my Xikar Allume triple flame. I don't care how well it's made, falling two stories and hitting everything on the way down won't do it any favors. Funny thing was, two of the three jets still worked on it.

oke&coke said:
Just swapped out my Xikar Allume triple flame. I don't care how well it's made, falling two stories and hitting everything on the way down won't do it any favors. Funny thing was, two of the three jets still worked on it.

Just got a great deal on one of those, I don't have the need for a tabletop lighter, but I DO have the need for a giant lighter in my car to take the place of several smaller ones that run out of fuel too quickly for my taste.

Just picked up a Jetline because of the advice in this thread. So far, I am very happy with it. Best $8 I spent in a long time.

I have 2 jetlines and one ronson. Never had good luck with the jetlines.  The first one I got has a leak somewhere, always has, and once filled it is usually empty in a day or 2 even if not used.  The second one looks nicer, but has had issue controlling the flame, the tank I don't think is as big, and the stupid mirror fell off the other day for no reason what so ever.

The ronson just keeps trucking right along.

I also have a fancier colibri.  That one works the best...when it wants to work.  Again flame issues.  I can't get a good lighter, lol!  

One of my best ones is a cheapo I picked up in florida that I tried to take on vacation and became property of the tsa..