• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Limited Edicion Cubans

Smokemorestressless

Hello, met with the owner of Graycliff today and he was kind enough to sell me some cigars from his personal collection of Cubans. Very excited to try these. My thought is to store them at 69% for a few months, then dry box for a few days before I have each one. Is a few months at 69% long enough to stabilize them?

•Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2014
•Cohiba Robusto Reserva 2014
•Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2011
•170 Partagas Aniversario 1845 2015
•La Casa Del Habano, Partagas 20 Aniversario 1845 2015
•San Cristobal de La Habana, La Casa Del Habano
•H. Upmann Magnum 56 Edicion Limitada 2015
•Romeo y Julieta Edicion Limitada 2013
•Romeo y Julieta, Hidalgos, Linea De Oro

20220726_182704.jpg

Yes. I'd think that 65 rH would be better and then dry. Ox them for 1 to 2 weeks before smoking them. Be sure the cut and test draw before committing lighter to foot.
If I don't like the draw just throw the stick away? ;)
EDIT: THIS WAS SARCASM. NO CIGARS WILL BE DISPOSED OF WITHOUT BEING BURNED FIRST.

What do you do to modify draw if it is off?

Last edited:
The time it will take to acclimate will depend on what they were stored at previously.

If I cut a cigar and the draw is tight I just put it back in the dry box and keep checking it periodically after a few weeks if it's still tight then I attack it with the perfect draw

The time it will take to acclimate will depend on what they were stored at previously.

If I cut a cigar and the draw is tight I just put it back in the dry box and keep checking it periodically after a few weeks if it's still tight then I attack it with the perfect draw
Thanks!

Perhaps I'm the odd one out, but some of those stix are of a hard to come by variety. It may benefit you to store them for awhile. Have some other cigars and get a feel for your palate.

I only say this because I had some really nice cigars given to me by a family friend who used to travel. And it wasn't until much later in my cigar career that I would have appreciated them.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
That
Perhaps I'm the odd one out, but some of those stix are of a hard to come by variety. It may benefit you to store them for awhile. Have some other cigars and get a feel for your palate.

I only say this because I had some really nice cigars given to me by a family friend who used to travel. And it wasn't until much later in my cigar career that I would have appreciated them.

Just a thought.
Sage advice there. As long as they are stored properly and at 68% is there a limit on storage time, or prime time to smoke each one? I couldn't pay what those cigars retail for, and I do agree it would be a terrible waste to burn them and not truly have the experience to appreciate them.

That

Sage advice there. As long as they are stored properly and at 68% is there a limit on storage time, or prime time to smoke each one? I couldn't pay what those cigars retail for, and I do agree it would be a terrible waste to burn them and not truly have the experience to appreciate them.
Cigars when kept at proper RH/Temp will keep indefinitely. As many have said time makes some of the sharp edges go away and smooths the cigars flavor profile. Others with more CC aging experience can chime in.

Hi! Thanks for the guidance. I come back to the USA (FL) this week for 3 months.

Then back to bahamas for 8 months ish, nov/ dec to july.

Last edited:
Just as an aside, when I first starting smoking CCs RyJ were very popular on the forums and real life. Nowadays they hardley get a mention. They age well, smoke great and usually have a decent depth of flavor - probably becauase they are not power houses like Part/Boli/coh - but not wimps like a lot of H Upmann (Sir Winston not included)

I find these age really well and love the Short Churchills and Exhib #3 and #4 in 50 cabs.

Ditto Punch