• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lips, Teeth or Both?

DarrenR

I swear I am number 8!
As I sat there in my garage sucking down a Padron 2k nat with a cup of 8 o'clock coffee today I could not help but ponder. How do other people handle the suck and puff? LOL Cigars guys, get your minds out of the gutter! :p
I tend to rotate from holding the cigar in my teeth to pressing it between my lips to hold it. Both of which I think came from being a cigarette smoker for many years. I tend to have a pretty wet cigar end when I am done. Some consider that a tabboo but I cannot help it. :blush:
I figure this should be just as personal as how to light and cut so lets hear it.
DarrenR

i figure smoke how ya want to..you paid for it :D ...but as for me critical band smob types be damned if it aint all slobbery i probably aint smokin it....lol

Depends on the size of the cigar. I tend to chew larger cigars but have made a conscience effort not to do this anymore. I believe that I get a better draw if I don't spit-up the end of the cigar and crush it down with my teeth.

I use my teeth. My cigar spends more time in my mouth than in my hand. BTW, I commend your choice of coffee. 8 O'clock is very underated.

Doc.

Good question, Darren,

When I mouth-hold a cigar, I always grip it with my teeth and typically on one side. When the gauge is fatter though, say 46 and up, I have to hold it dead center. That's alright except when working in the yard when I lean over to tie up branches or something and I start drooling down the cigar. Small cigars, I sometimes dangle from the lips like a butt.

But normally, when I smoke, it is always held with the fingers in one type of grip or another.

Wilkey

Glad I'm not the only "drooler" here! :laugh:

Teeth and lips for me, although I tend to bite and pinch it more than chew it. If it gets an oval shape, from me not paying attention, I turn it 90 degrees, bite down a little to reshape it. But I still slobber, unless I'm at a herf. I don't wanna embarrass me self!!

:laugh: Drooling comes with the cigars I think.. I start before I even open up the humi! :cool: :p

I had to laugh when reading Ginseng's post and the mention of drooling. I thought I was the only one who when I bent over doing yard work either drolled all over my cigar or drooled right out onto the ground.\

In general I grip the cigar with my teeth.

I'd have to say I'm a teether. Regardless of the gauge I tend to hold the cigar in the center of my front teeth.

When I draw I usually take a half puff and quickly release, then immediately follow with a long draw that I savor.

Just my way of doing it.

Way too much information IMO. :laugh:

For me, smoking is a rare treat rather than an everyday occurence. So when I'm smoking, it's usually all I'm doing. I'm never holding it in my mouth, in other words. If I'm not enjoying it, I set it down. I find that if I leave it in my mouth I tend to draw too often...makes it burn hot and nasty.

I usually hold it between my teeth and take quick puffs. I don't like to hold it in my teeth for very long because the smoke gets in my eyes and bothers them.

Geez I seem to go for long times just holding the cigar with my teeth and puffing along. I don't have the drooling issue but I do have a spatoon or flower box that gets plenty of juice LOL

The drooling thing makes me crazy, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who does it. When I have a yard-gar in my mouth (thankfully I never do it with good sticks) and I'm playing fetch with the dog, or cleaning up the yard or plants and I bend down to get something, I totally drool down the stick. It is not pretty.

Edit: Back on topic, I hold yard gars with my teeth between puffs. Good cigars stay either in my hand or resting in the ashtray between puffs...usually in my hand, though.

Well if I’m causally smoking I usually hold it in my hand not my mouth. If I’m playing softball of fishing I tooth it so it doesn’t fall out.

I usually hold it between my teeth and take quick puffs. I don't like to hold it in my teeth for very long because the smoke gets in my eyes and bothers them.

I gotta agree here. I usually hold it in my hands but when I smoke it I mostly lip it. I rarely hold it between my teeth as I hate getting smoke in my eyes. But I am a drooler too. :p

I use my hands mostly, but sometimes my teeth I need to get of of the habit of chewing.
I'm a drooler too.