• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Loggin in on my new pnone - LG Xenon GR500

mr.mac

Cant seem to find the log in spot. Anyone else have this prob logging in to the site on their phones. Is there a mobile cpass that I'm missing? Its not an iphone which I had no probs doing on my wife's phone. Just looking for feedback or maybe some direction here.

Anything helps...

mac

Does it use Windows Mobile? I can surf on my HTC 8125 but it is pretty slow and useless.

I have logged on to CP and managed to get to "View New Content" but it was really impossible to read. The log in section was hard to find and use. It took several minutes.

It works fine with my BB Tour.

Art

Well, I finally found a place to log in w/ my username and password... but when i hit the sign in button I get about half way loaded and then i get a "bad request" error on my phone. Any techies want to help me out w/ this?

mac

I don't know if it's the same reason but I've been getting a similar message on my PC from time to time using fire fox "The connection was reset." I know it's not on my end as I have issues connecting to CP but in the very next tab I can surf elsewhere no problem.

I don't know if it's the same reason but I've been getting a similar message on my PC from time to time using fire fox "The connection was reset." I know it's not on my end as I have issues connecting to CP but in the very next tab I can surf elsewhere no problem.

yes... me too! No probs anywhere else but cp. Now I have no probs browsing the site, but w/ out being signed in I have no access to my inbox, profile or about half of the forum for that matter.

Hoping to get this kinked out soon!

mac

There are several issues you guys pointed out in this thread. What exactly is the issue when accessing CP from your PC? When did it start happening?

For those browsing from your phone, you need to choose a regular skin, and not the lo-fi skin. To do this, scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose either the CP skin or the Blue skin while logged in from your phone.

There are several issues you guys pointed out in this thread. What exactly is the issue when accessing CP from your PC? When did it start happening?

For those browsing from your phone, you need to choose a regular skin, and not the lo-fi skin. To do this, scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose either the CP skin or the Blue skin while logged in from your phone.

That did the trick! Good lookin out Rod!

mac

Hey Rod,

As for the issues from my PC I'm using Fire fox 3.5.5. Typically when I log on I open up each main area in the forum in another tab and work from there. The last few days when I did that I was getting the "Server was reset" and "Timed out message" from CP but not any other websites in the other tabs. It was hit and miss, some CP tabs would open normally, some would open slowly and some would get those above messages and I'd have to "Try Again" or refresh. I just did it now though and things seem fine. It happened at various times during the day as well so I don't know if it was traffic related or not. If it happens again I'll try to get more specific info for you.

Thanks,

Mike

Might have been due to moving servers around. We just migrated to a newer load balanced system, so it may have a been a temp dns issue... If it happens again let me know. Thanks.

That did the trick! Good lookin out Rod!

mac

Thought i had the issue fixed... not so much. When i switched it to "lo-fi" i got the same err code "Bad Request". Guess I will just stick to pc for now. Thanks for the help though everyone!

mac

Some phones don't support the complicating POST methods that some websites require. It may also have to do with the proxy server you cellphone provider uses to communicate between server and cell. Is there a way you can load a 3rd party browser to see if that works?

Is there a way you can load a 3rd party browser to see if that works?

Okay, so I'm not exactly a techie to say the least. In fact, this is my first "smartphone" w/ internet access. Maybe you could expand on this and maybe even walk me through this process?

Thanks

mac

Visit: http://m.opera.com/mobile and download the browser for your phone and see if it runs CP better. :thumbs:

To keep from starting another related thread, I'm running a Motorola QA30 Hint from Alltel and in the past couple weeks have had problems loading the CP pages. Sometimes I'll click a CP link to a thread and it'll act like it's loading, then just go blank. Other times I'll click on a similar link and it'll act like it's loading then just quit loading before even moving away from the "view new content" page.

I also get a "No content found" error message on my phone when trying to access CP.