• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a little help.....

Charley

The Coolest Guy You Know
There's a certain LCDH shop in a certain country (rymes with Texeco) that's run by a guy named Moises, I'm sure Some of you know what I'm talking about. I get emails from them from time to time but usually ignore them because their prices are high. However, I received one yesterday refering to some custom rolled sticks done by a guy named Carlos Fernandez Martinez. I was just wondering if anyone here has heard of these customs or better yet, has tried one and can give me their opinion of them. Thanks in advance if anybody can help me out with this.

Custom rolls are only as good as the leaves that are at the roller's exposal. Unless the roller is also a master blender and was able to personally select the leaves he/she uses, having a name attached to a custom is practically useless on speculating on how it will taste. Construction may be top notch, but how it will taste is anyone's guess. I've had some incredible cigars from a famous roller and I've had some from the same roller that were not so good. Construction of the cigars were always flawless, but flavor is still the most important factor on my determination if a cigar is good or not.

Custom rolls are only as good as the leaves that are at the roller's exposal. Unless the roller is also a master blender and was able to personally select the leaves he/she uses, having a name attached to a custom is practically useless on speculating on how it will taste. Construction may be top notch, but how it will taste is anyone's guess. I've had some incredible cigars from a famous roller and I've had some from the same roller that were not so good. Construction of the cigars were always flawless, but flavor is still the most important factor on my determination if a cigar is good or not.

Agree 100%. Doesn't matter if the roller is the best in the world, if the tobacco at his disposal isn't equally fantastic, and blended well. I've had the same experience as Strayvector - cigars from "one of the best" rollers there are; some were borderline fantastic....some were not. Not worth the breathtaking premium often charged, IMHO.......