• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mac Baren Roll Cake

gunsandcigars88

Well, a little while back my Dad said that he had a empty pipe tobacco tin to show me that he got from my grandfathers stuff. My Grandfather passed away a few years ago, and they came across this while still sorting through stuff. He used to smoke pipes a long time ago (hoping that we come across some of his pipes too) and this old tin was Mac Baren Roll Cake. I am definately going to be getting a tin when I make another order, just because my Grandfather used to smoke it of course. Just curious if any of you have tried it, and what your thoughts of it were?
B

I smoke it all the time. Its IMO very good and if you like strong natural tobacco flavor you will enjoy it.

Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls is also a good roll cake you should try.

Shawn

I like this tobacco a lot, but find that it bites like crazy on the first couple of lights then settles down nicely. I usually let it dry for 15-20 minutes before loading a bowl.
Nice that you're remembering your grand-dad in this way.

I like this tobacco a lot, but find that it bites like crazy on the first couple of lights then settles down nicely. I usually let it dry for 15-20 minutes before loading a bowl.
Nice that you're remembering your grand-dad in this way.

That is true. You have to make sure that you're not smoking the pipe too hot. Mac Baren's will give you tongue bite if you do that. Another magnificent tobac to try is the Navy Flake. Filling the pipe might be tricky, but after you get the hang of it, it's delicious!

I am looking forward to getting and smoking this. Is going to be a neat experience. I have smoked several cake tobacco's before just nothing Mac Baren. Thanks for the heads up on Mac Baren tongue bite. I think I have just the pipe to smoke this stuff in(maybe one day it will be replaced by one of my grandfathers if we come across them). That would be the ultimate experience for me. To smoke the same tobacco he used to smoke in one of his pipes.
B