• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macanudo 898 cafe

RichYhlen

While driving around today me and my better half stopped into a Salvation Army to look for outisde clothes for the kids. While walking around I happen to stumble upon a Macanudo 898 cafe empty wooden box sitting on the shelf (99c). I was wondering when or if they stopped using wooden boxes since I looked on the net and have only seen cardboard ones. I read in another thread to tell if real or not you will see Germany on the clasp (which is stamped germany). The box is in prestine condition with no dings or dents. I dont smell SC but it does look like it. I am not sure if it is a good idea to put it into my coolidor since I am not the original purchasee and dont know where it has been. The only thing it is lacking is the huge stamp that is usually on boxes.

Thanx a bunch in advance guys for any replies

Rich

While driving around today me and my better half stopped into a Salvation Army to look for outisde clothes for the kids. While walking around I happen to stumble upon a Macanudo 898 cafe empty wooden box sitting on the shelf (99c). I was wondering when or if they stopped using wooden boxes since I looked on the net and have only seen cardboard ones. I read in another thread to tell if real or not you will see Germany on the clasp (which is stamped germany). The box is in prestine condition with no dings or dents. I dont smell SC but it does look like it. I am not sure if it is a good idea to put it into my coolidor since I am not the original purchasee and dont know where it has been. The only thing it is lacking is the huge stamp that is usually on boxes.

Rich
It's an 898 box. That's how they come. The domestic Partagas 898 also comes this way. You can't really 898 without a wooden box.

Rich

Just curious questions since my collecting of boxes is starting to bloom, along side the smoking and collecting of cigars.

It was an add on to my original bunch of questions that I forgot. I used Reply instead of Fast Reply and thats what happened, my mess up.