• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macanudo Seleccion Holanda

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Cigar Review of a Macanudo Seleccion Holanda

3rd July 2014 and I picked this up in March 2014 while in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

I inspected the cigar and it had no flaws that I could see. So I cut the cigar and took a puff on the cigar before setting flame to it. I found the draw to be pretty easy. I also felt the cigar and expect some burning issues with some channels that seem to be present. Its now 5:38pm and it times to put a flame to this cigar. I took my first inhale and about choked to death. It reminded me of smoky sunflower seeds. There is the traditional Macanudo young taste to it like a light grassy taste mixed with a nice peppery undertones. So far the burn is fantastic at 5:43pm and I can tell this isn't a mild cigar.

Its unlike any Macanudo I've had in the United States. Only exception to the rule is the Macanudo 1968 like which blew my mind. If the wrapper wouldn't have been on the couple I've smoked, there is no way you could have convinced me it was a Macanudo cigar. The 1968 line and this Holanda Only cigar is definitely my top two Macanudo's ever made. This cigar burns similar to how a Cuban cigar does. The ash is from bone white to a semi-dark areas in the ash. Its also burning pretty even so far. Exhaling smoke out the nasal passage brings back the young grassy note while still having a little kick to it.

Time for the first ash at 5:53pm. I had a sudden thought of eating a berry fruit cocktail just now. Taste wise its not a peppery taste on the tongue and its more so a sensory smell. The draw is still easy and plenty of smoke off each puff. Too bad it feels like 95 degrees out. So its a cigar in a car type review with the AC on. The smoke can definitely bring a tear to a jack ass's eye.

First channel hit at 6:18pm and it didn't bother the burn to much. Since it was pretty much in the center of the cigar. I'd smoke this cigar again in a heart beat if it wasn't so expensive and it a classic nub. Burnt fingers and partial mustache fire. LOL!!! I'll have to pick a couple extra in Sept 2014 from PGC Hajenius.

Well I'll be damned. look what the cat dragged in.  Hey Loren, glad to see your still with us.

Doc

Loren!!!!  I almost thought you had bleached your beard in that first photo.  Happy to see you posting again.  Thanks for the review.  

Cheers,
Eric

Wow, I did a double-take there... welcome back, Loren.  I hope you are well.  Thanks for the review!

Nice review of a cigar most of us didn't know existed...thanks for the education Loren. 

I found it hereIf you use Google Chrome, it will translate the website. 

Great to see you're back. l hope you're feeling better these days.  :thumbs:

TWO reviews! Man you are on a roll. Hard to believe that a Macanudo could be a good smoke, but if you say it is I believe you.

OpusXKC said:
TWO reviews! Man you are on a roll. Hard to believe that a Macanudo could be a good smoke, but if you say it is I believe you.
You may get lucky if they have them in stock. Gotta celebrate in style. :whistling: