Maiden Box Purchase

jfields

Where did all my money go?
It was in the mid to late 90’s and was a Honduran cigar called El Paraiso by Plasencia. Godawful when I look back at it!
I just threw them away this last June because I couldn’t even give them away to any of my friends, and they were taking up too much valuable space.

jbfurdog

First box was some Don Lucas Robustos from the DR Factory after the tour. That was when I started smoking cigars. The next box after becoming educated by the crew here was pardon 2000 Maduros.

thinde

Lobstah; the other white meat!
Used smoke Moneymakers and Toppers at the college party’s and for a long time after. My first real box of what I thought was a quality stick was Macanudo Hampton Court. Went for 4 or 5 years without smoking anything else. I was happy until I found the devil site and soon after that came CP now I’m to totally fu****!

Johnny B

My first "box" of cigars were actually a bundle of Flor Del Todos from CI back in 2003... I was all about value and really wish I had found this group much sooner...

I've been a 5 pack kind of guy because I've tried to figure out what I like before dropping more money that I could justify, just to try something new that I liked.

Thanks to you guys, I've been turned onto some exquisite sticks and marcas and has since been picking up boxes of some real great smokes!

Edit: Grammer

Last edited:
My first "box" of cigars were actually a bundle of Flor Del Todos from CI back in 2003... I was all about value and really wish I had found this group much sooner...

I've been a 5 pack kind of guy because I've tried to figure out what I like before dropping more money that I could justify, just to try something new that I liked.

Thanks to you guys, I've been turned onto some exquisite sticks and marcas and has since been picking up boxes of some real great smokes!

Edit: Grammer
Oh, I actually bought a bundle of Connies before the Chateau Fuentes now that you mention it!

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
I scored a box of Puros Indios off Cbid, for $50, thought i was in heaven. This was probably in 2000-2001. Cigars are gone, but I still have those wooden boxes.

jfields

Where did all my money go?
I scored a box of Puros Indios off Cbid, for $50, thought i was in heaven. This was probably in 2000-2001. Cigars are gone, but I still have those wooden boxes.
I remember those actually being pretty good smokes at the time. Not sure if I’d say the same now, but definitely good then.

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
I remember those actually being pretty good smokes at the time. Not sure if I’d say the same now, but definitely good then.
A friend of mine stationed in Honduras at the time sent me a box of those out of the blue right around the 2000'ish, maybe. I'd had the occasional cigar with him when we were deployed to Germany a while prior, and those are what really started me down the road of legit "cigar smoker" rather than just someone who accepts and puffs on a cigar if the occasion comes about.

can't remember which order I got them...……..I purchased a box of Te Amo pyramids and a cabinet of 50 Punch Roth EMS many moons ago from JR's, I think I got the Punch cab on sale for 79.99 (lonnnnnng time ago!!).

The Black Cloud

Technically my first "box" was a bunch of Macanudo seconds thrown in a spare box. The first brand new box I remember ever ordering were RyJ Belicosos. Long time ago.