• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Major malfunction

atuck

ANEJORE
Last nite my humidor read 69% humidity. This morning it read 83% humidity. The humidifier is malfunctioning. It was not turning off. I unplugged the wires and ordered a new humidifier unit. The old one has lasted since 2006. This is the thing that sucks about having a walk in humidor. I have had a number of problems since I started this humidor. It is a chore keep up. The cooler went out about 8 months ago. Bought a new one and it works great now. I guess I can't complain. The original equipment lasted for at least 7 yrs w out any serious problems. The worst problem, which I've had a couple of times, was the float on the humidifier unit got stuck and overflowed water on to a couple of shelves and the floor. Luckily all the bottom boxes on that shelf are empty. So no damage to any cigars so far. But it is a chore to keep up. Think twice about building a walk in humidor. U will be challenged.

atuck said:
Last nite my humidor read 69% humidity. This morning it read 83% humidity. The humidifier is malfunctioning. It was not turning off. I unplugged the wires and ordered a new humidifier unit. The old one has lasted since 2006. This is the thing that sucks about having a walk in humidor. I have had a number of problems since I started this humidor. It is a chore keep up. The cooler went out about 8 months ago. Bought a new one and it works great now. I guess I can't complain. The original equipment lasted for at least 7 yrs w out any serious problems. The worst problem, which I've had a couple of times, was the float on the humidifier unit got stuck and overflowed water on to a couple of shelves and the floor. Luckily all the bottom boxes on that shelf are empty. So no damage to any cigars so far. But it is a chore to keep up. Think twice about building a walk in humidor. U will be challenged.

Glad no stick's were damaged.....don't think I will ever have to worry about issue's with a walk in humidor.