• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro corona while enjoying a fantastic view

StewNasty69

Well-Known "Member"

This guy is basically ROTT because, like most of us, I'm an impatient bastard.

For being a smaller stick, this thing had some heft. Very firmly rolled and well packed. A railroad spike, as some might say.

Cold draw: a bit tight, but serviceable. Not getting a whole lot, just nice tobacco and maybe a tiny bit of cocoa with a hint as to the massive amount of ligero in here.

1st third: opens a lot lighter than I expected, but still medium-full flavor and medium+ body. Solid notes of cocoa and hints of generic nut with a bit of leather. It's missing the spice I expected and it tastes oddly flat. I attribute this to being ROTT. Retro has the spice the normal draw was missing and makes my nose tingle.

2nd third: WOO LAD. This mf kicked up three notches. The flatness is now gone, the draw has opened up and it has developed into a FULL flavor and bodied hammer of a stick. The slight nuttiness is gone and has been replaced with a faint cedar and oak flavor. The cocoa and leather are still there, but the spice has ramped up. Notes of white, black, and cayenne pepper are starting to work their way in. The ash holds on to the half-way point. I retrohale and it makes my eyes water just a bit. I can't tell if I'm sweating from the stick or just from being in the sun. Probably both.

Final third: Draw has tightened up again but remains smokable. Body and strength remain the same if not slightly increased. The woodsy flavors have gone, having been replaced with all the pepper flavors and notes of cocoa and coffee in the background. The smoke burns my eyes oh-so-slightly as the wind turns. I accidently retrohale and tear up like I've been hit with CX gas; that was a mistake. I'm still sweating just a little bit and will forever attribute it to the sun. Cigar smokes well enough all the way down to the very nub.

Overall, it's quite a decent smoke that I think will be even better once they've had time to rest and acclimate. Hopefully that'll help balance them and fix the slight draw problems.