• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maxim's De Paris --

Saxjazzman

This thread will review:

Name: Maxim's de Paris, Omnibus (Torpedo)
Size: 7.00 x 52
Wrapper:Conneticut leaf
Binder: ??
Filler: NIC and DR Long Leaf
MSRP: Bundle of 25 for $39.95
Price Paid: $25.00 at Auction
Stated Strength: Mild
Comments: This cigar was rolled for Pierre Cardin for sale in his restaurants in New York and Paris. It is stated that these cigars sold for $15 per at those locations. This cigar was purchased in July 2007.

For original thread discussion see Start Up Thread

To keep it standard, we would rate the cigars in three categories.

A) Appearance--How the cigar looks, how the pre-light smell is, the wrapper, etc.

B) Taste---How is the taste? Spicy, strong, bland, airball, etc. How did the taste progress, etc.

C) Construction---How did the cigar perform in terms of draw, burn, ash, etc.

To rate the cigars we would use a number from 5 to 10, 5 being one you would not even give Fidel to smoke and ten being a damm good cigar. The final rating number would be determined by the following:
A + B + (1.5)C divided by 3.5. This is similar to how Cigar Magazine does it but it is a little different. I realize that this is not perfect and there may be better ways but this would work also. Thanks for the reviews!!

Bump... I'm smoking this as I type now.
I should have a review up sometime tomorrow after I get home!

Wow,
Sorry this took me so long fellas! Life keeps getting in the way!!!
Also, my reviews tend to be a little on the "simple" side... don't mind me!!!

A couple weeks back, the GF and I headed away for a much neede break. I brought a few smokes with me, and Maxim's de Paris Omnibus was one of them.
Smoked it after about a hour or so of relaxing in the hot tub... :love:

Appearance
As stated above, this smoke is a 7x52 torp. The wrapper is a soft chocolate color, and very smooth with very minimal veins. It had a dark spot of some sort near the foot, but other than that all looked good!

Winthrop11-01-07074.jpg

Taste
IMO, a fairly mild smoke. I picked up a slight hint of pepper throughout this smoke, which I really enjoyed! The second half of this smoke, the flavor really picked up for me. It had a certain, toastiness (If that's a word) to it that suprised me a little.

Construction
The construction of this smoke was fairly good. Ash was pretty solid, and quite white.
I was a little worried at first about the draw... It stared out pretty damn tight! After about 1/2" or so it got a little better, and by 2" it was just about perfect.

Winthrop11-01-07079.jpg

My rating for this smoke is... 7.57 (Not quite sure if I did that right... ??? )
I wouldn't pay the $15.00 a smoke on these, but at the bundle price, I'd buy a bundle.

Now fellas, get off your asses and get some reviews done!!!

I've not had the Omnibus but I have a few of the Imperials and they come across almost exactly the same. They smoke pretty fast considering their size.

I smoked one of these about a week ago taking a break from my move. I find David's review above to be spot on. Very good bundle cigar. Not real complexe, one consistent pleasant flavor on the mild side.

I will do a proper review filling in the three categories soon.

Seth

Great review David and nice pics!! As you, I would not be the $15 a cigar price that they claim you would have to pay if you had one at their restaurants, but for the bundle price it is a good mild smoke. Thanks!!

Great review! :thumbs: Pictures really bring a review to life IMO. I just checked the inventory and it looks like SJM sent me some of these as well. I'm looking forward to adding to this thread!

mac

Great review David and nice pics!! As you, I would not be the $15 a cigar price that they claim you would have to pay if you had one at their restaurants, but for the bundle price it is a good mild smoke. Thanks!!
No bro, thanks to you for letting me review these!!! :thumbs: