• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

maybe disappearing for a few days...

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Well, i blew out my back Friday night. I literally lost control of both legs and went down like a slinky. I call up the VA Hospital in Houston and I had to talk to the Telecare sections. Long story short, I stayed in bed till late this afternoon when I couldn't get out. So I did a combat roll to the floor and crawled like 40 feet to the couch. No one in hearing range and my phone went flying off my computer stand. Ran out of charge over night.

I finally was able to get in my car at like 7pm to 8pm and drove to the ER. It was a waste of time. They couldn't pull up my medical records. Through many spurts of screaming and yelling, the Doctor said there is nothing I can do for you till you get a Primary Care Doctor who will have to arrange for a MRI and a Neuro-Surgeon. Here I am feeling like someone is shanking me between L1 to S1 discs in the lower back. They did give me some Anti-Flammatory shot which didn't work. The nurse had me switch beds to one that I could actually lay on. After screaming, yelling and crying from trying to get on the bed, I managed to land down screaming. The guy next to me started talking to me and he showed me his scar where he was operated on his back. So he said I know where you are coming from.

He didn't understand why they wouldn't treat me. Not even a simple X-ray. So I now have to play the waiting game to see what actually happened friday night. The Doc said it could be a couple of months before I get to see a Doctor. No way I can make it that long if this pain keeps up like it is. Even 60 mg hydrocodone didn't even take the pain away. I spent over 3 hours in the ER and the Doc only talked to me twice. A Nurse one time.

So if you all don't see me for a few days, its because I am bed ridden and won't be able to get on my computer to check in. Soon as I lay down, I will be stuck back in bed for another 16 hours. Only my luck that I have nothing but bad luck at the VA Hospitals. Doesn't matter where I am at, I always get treated this way. I did smoke a Padron 1964 on the way to Houston. Peace out for now.

Well, i blew out my back Friday night. I literally lost control of both legs and went down like a slinky. I call up the VA Hospital in Houston and I had to talk to the Telecare sections. Long story short, I stayed in bed till late this afternoon when I couldn't get out. So I did a combat roll to the floor and crawled like 40 feet to the couch. No one in hearing range and my phone went flying off my computer stand. Ran out of charge over night.

I finally was able to get in my car at like 7pm to 8pm and drove to the ER. It was a waste of time. They couldn't pull up my medical records. Through many spurts of screaming and yelling, the Doctor said there is nothing I can do for you till you get a Primary Care Doctor who will have to arrange for a MRI and a Neuro-Surgeon. Here I am feeling like someone is shanking me between L1 to S1 discs in the lower back. They did give me some Anti-Flammatory shot which didn't work. The nurse had me switch beds to one that I could actually lay on. After screaming, yelling and crying from trying to get on the bed, I managed to land down screaming. The guy next to me started talking to me and he showed me his scar where he was operated on his back. So he said I know where you are coming from.

He didn't understand why they wouldn't treat me. Not even a simple X-ray. So I now have to play the waiting game to see what actually happened friday night. The Doc said it could be a couple of months before I get to see a Doctor. No way I can make it that long if this pain keeps up like it is. Even 60 mg hydrocodone didn't even take the pain away. I spent over 3 hours in the ER and the Doc only talked to me twice. A Nurse one time.

So if you all don't see me for a few days, its because I am bed ridden and won't be able to get on my computer to check in. Soon as I lay down, I will be stuck back in bed for another 16 hours. Only my luck that I have nothing but bad luck at the VA Hospitals. Doesn't matter where I am at, I always get treated this way. I did smoke a Padron 1964 on the way to Houston. Peace out for now.

JFC, man, thats horrible. Tricare/VA care absolutely blows for chronic illness. And people want to expand this service to all? Jeeze.

Dayum Loren! Hate to hear you going through all that, bastages ought to dammit slip you something to help. Thoughts out to you brother and hope you get some treatment soon!

I'm saddened to hear you're going through this, brother. I genuinely hope they can figure out what's going on with you and get it properly treated, as quickly and painless as possible.

Shoot me a PM with what you enjoy to smoke. I'd like to send you a 'get-well' package.

Hang in there, brother.

Jeffrey L.

I've got you a sexy camo walker with yellow tennis balls on the bottoms. In all serious brother, get to feeling better soon, I'm ready for a smoke when you are.

I'm still alive. I may have to call the hospital today if some things don't change soon. Still in a lot of pain which tells me I am still alive. I went into the salt water pool and getting out sucked pretty bad. It didn't make my back feel better either. So I limp around taking baby steps here and there so my back doesn't completely stiffen up on me.

It sucks to hear bad news like this Loren, I hope you feel better soon...... :(

Loren I really hope they are able to help you soon honey!! I could send you a few Between the Lines ;-) Then all of your attention would be off of your pain and you would lie awake trying to think of ways to get rid of the tripe I just sent you (We know you'd rather use them as toilet paper!)

Love ya! Please get better soon!

Melly

Loren I really hope they are able to help you soon honey!! I could send you a few Between the Lines ;-) Then all of your attention would be off of your pain and you would lie awake trying to think of ways to get rid of the tripe I just sent you (We know you'd rather use them as toilet paper!)

Love ya! Please get better soon!

Melly

Oh Mel, I stubbed my toes and am in pain, I think some BTL's would take my mind off of it. :whistling: :laugh: :love:

Lorn Loren, I feel your pain! I still remember it well and would not wish it on my worst enemy. Every time I bend over (properly, with knees VERY bent, mind you) I cringe and wait for the pain to return. Thankfully it has not. But it'll get better - it did for me thru just PT... no surgery thank God. But if you start having any numbness, tingling, loss of feeling or things like drop foot - get the doc in ASAP and smack him until he does something for you.

Hang in there Pops...

Loren, I hope that you are getting better. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

I'll keep the Opus fires burning for you. Had a nice Love Affair tonight and was hoping that you were improving.

Thanks all for the get well wishes. I can walk a little better but the problem is still there in the lower back. :(

Hang in there Loren and stay positive brother. I can't imagine how much pain you're going through but I do know when i did throw my back out, I dreaded the thought of sneezing :angry:

I hope the docs make you a priority instead of giving you the runaround.

My back still hurts. After 2 trips to the Emergency Room in July, I had a message left on my phone the other day. The VA has me set for 2 appointments in August. Naturally one is a Fasting Lab and the other will be the first appointment with my new Primary Care Doctor. So hopefully they will start treatment or whatever they need to do and see what the hell happened. Well, over a month after the incident. I guess its better late than never. :laugh:

Loren, how are you doing?

Still thinking about you, brother.

Had very tasty Magnum O yesterday. Seemed to be extra spicy.

Instead of starting a new thread, here is a little update from my visit today at the VA. I think I missed something but at the moment, I can't remember. It was like having a bucket of cold water thrown on me.

Well here is the short version of my trip to the VA. MRI on Sept 6th and either another scan or results on Sept 10th. On top of it the ear is a little messed up. Not a real shock there. Another Nutritionist as well. I had a X-ray done of my Chest and lower back. The back is a given but the chest is possibly damage to the tissue in the lungs from all the Anesthesiology I've been under for my surgeries. :0 I did learn something new today.

They want to get me off Pain medication and switch to this electronic shock thing. I'm supposed to take the pain meds till I am out and use this shock thing. Wasn't really explained. Its supposed to help. Scoliosis is confirmed for a fact. It looks likes its only 2 vertebrae so nothing to major but it does cause back pain. Will see how this all plays out. The new MRI will confirm if I need a Neurosurgeon consult and see what will happen there. The last 3 all said Inoperable.

Oh yeah...a Upper GI to check the Esophagus out and see if the cancer is back. On the good side, I managed to double my Triglyceride level. Scary part is I was at 331 in June and this time like 671. i'm in the pool almost every day and that means 100 times more active than I was in Nebraska and also eating better than there. Yet I doubled it. :0

i think that covers all the good news. LOL!!! Also a subtle about stop smoking cigars. Like that will ever happen unless I am 6 feet under. :D

Way to stay positive Loren! You give new meaning to the term, "seize the day"! :thumbs:

Good on ya man. I'm glad they're finally taking steps to take care of you.

Well, I managed to get my MRI results. It doesn't look good and now the waiting game. From the MRI report, it looks like a Neurosurgeon consult will be coming down the pipe line at some point and a surgery will take place. It will seem like I will be living at the VA Hospital the next couple of months. Between now and October, I have 4 or 5 appointments. This doesn't include what was seen on the MRI scan. :(

I did smoke a good cigar on the way home. :laugh: