• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mederos Cigars

CgarDan

One of the new cigars that was showcased at the IPCPR was Mederos

I got a chance to stop by their booth and speak with David Levy. The cigars have a great presintation when it comes to both the packaging and the actual cigar. Really loved the look of the band as well.

Just smoked the torpedo and wanted to post the review.

Tobacco is grown in Esteli NC with a Corojo wrapper. Wrapper has a great oily sheen and feels velvety and smooth to the touch. Cigar started of dry and woodsy reminding me of Davidoff 1000 series or AVO profile. After a few inches notes of spice started to come through. Smoother more creamier qualities appeared after the mid point. Finish was very pleasant. Overall the cigar is in the medium range when it comes to strength and has great complexity. The construction was great as I never had to touch it up and there were no problems with wrapper splits that I noticed in many Corojo wrappers. To be honest i forgot to ask about the price point but I could easily see it being placed in the premium category.

I would recommend anyone to try this stick and honestly feel this cigar has a great future.

Check out the company on their website: www.mederoscigars.com and on facebook under the same name.

By the way the cigar will be featured in CigarSnob magazine in the next issue ( sept - oct 09 )

Here are a few pics of the cigar

mederostorpedo.jpg

mederosrobusto.jpg