• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mid 70's 10 yr old 86 proof Old Crow

ACDetroit

A friend of mine sent me a couple bottles of Old Crow, they were in the chess piece decanters but he decanted them into a bottles for me. Since they arrived today, I thought it only right to have a pour!
Not sure if any of you here have had the current Old Crow but it is Truly terrible! The rumor I heard was Jim Beam the owner of the old crow label now, made it swill to eliminate the number one contender to Jim Beam White Label!

I can honestly say I may not be able to purchase another Beam Product due to this horrendous act!

This 10 yr old Old Crow is very nice! Buttery on the tongue, with huge flavor this stuff screams Maple Syrup and Brown Sugar with very little burn for 86 proof. The sweetness is so dominant you can barely taste the barrel notes, it is there, just hidden.

If you ever get a chance to try this Old gem, I would highly recommend it!

Cheers!
Tony

I've had some Old Crow that dates back to the early 50's and it was very, very good. Old Crow used to outsell Beam and did so for a number of years so you can see why it might be placed at a lower level now.

I have to be honest Ray I figured you had! :laugh: I understand what you are saying but! The product is so much better than Beam. It just doesn't make sense! Bring it back and with an age statement and charge me a premium for it! I like it better the Knob Creek, so charge me $30 for a 9 year old bottle! But don't make it a turd just to make another turd #1.

I know they will not bring it back! But I can vow not to buy there stuff!

Tony