• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mold, Plume or something else altogether?

Pipe Smoker

Can any of you better versed in the subject tell me what you think this might be? Its not fuzzy and its stuck on there good (I licked my finger and tried to rub it off but it stayed put), so I'm thinking it isn't mold. Its in an odd place to be plume, and the cigars are from 2011 so I would assume that's not the culprit. It looks almost like the residue after a sale sticker is removed (but this was a sealed box). Any ideas?

7552776766_91718686c6_z.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics, only had my Blackberry available.
7552776952_7db57b9375_z.jpg

Well, in my experience, both mold and plume wipe of very easily in most cases. It does to me look like adhesive residue left behind from a sticker. Maybe a little glue leaked onto the cigar from when they glued the inner paper to the lid and walls of the box? I'd definitely love the FOGs and experts thoughts on this. But never seeing this before, I can only assume it a minor mistake at the factory when the cigars were boxed!

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, tell us how the cigar turns out being? :thumbs:

I love that your already knee deep in it before you ask =}

I love that your already knee deep in it before you ask =}

But of course, this way you guys can't tell me that I shouldn't smoke it. :)

I just tossed the nub. I thoroughly enjoyed every inch of it. It did have some burn issues, particularly around the area in question, but all in all it was a great cigar.

Probably pectin residue, they use it for repairs and to put the labels on........looks kinda like dried Elmers glue. should be harmless.....

Is this fairly common on ISOM's? I've only noticed this, myself, on two other cigars. Both happened to be CC. I also recall this being asked about once before on here, and it was concerning the legitimacy of a CC because of seemingly shoddy craftsmanship. I may have seen it on other, cheaper smokes but not really payed attention to it because I'd expect it from other, cheaper smokes...

Probably pectin residue, they use it for repairs and to put the labels on........looks kinda like dried Elmers glue. should be harmless.....
Yup, pectin. I tend to see a lot of pectin fingerprints from My Father factory cigars. God help their rollers should they turn to a life of crime.