• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More Opus/GOF Than I've Ever Seen!

verhoevc

Banned
So I just moved to the DC area... and was driving around. Literally like MINUTES from my house was a cigar store. So I thought, "how convenient," and went in to check it out. HOLY SHIT I've never seen more rare Fuente smokes in one place in my entire life. Point and case, this picture of a box of BBMF maduros... BOX:
19032011105.jpg

Setting aside the fact I've never seen many of these smokes in person, this was shocking! I mean, handfuls of opus shark maduros, like 20 boxes of GOF, ANY size opus you could dream about, heaps of LBMFs... it was nuts! Being this close to my house it could be quite dangerous. I'm gunna have to bring a print-out of the Opus price guide next time I go though cause I'm not sure about the prices on these rarer things. Like $50 seems high to me for a BBMF maduro... but then again, I have no idea. Either way, thought it was a cool find regardless of price and thought I'd share the ridiculous picture.
Chris

So I just moved to the DC area... and was driving around. Literally like MINUTES from my house was a cigar store. So I thought, "how convenient," and went in to check it out. HOLY SHIT I've never seen more rare Fuente smokes in one place in my entire life. Point and case, this picture of a box of BBMF maduros... BOX:

Setting aside the fact I've never seen many of these smokes in person, this was shocking! I mean, handfuls of opus shark maduros, like 20 boxes of GOF, ANY size opus you could dream about, heaps of LBMFs... it was nuts! Being this close to my house it could be quite dangerous. I'm gunna have to bring a print-out of the Opus price guide next time I go though cause I'm not sure about the prices on these rarer things. Like $50 seems high to me for a BBMF maduro... but then again, I have no idea. Either way, thought it was a cool find regardless of price and thought I'd share the ridiculous picture.
Chris

They haven't made opus shark maduros.

50 is actually not a bad price.

You sure those are Maduros? Look like a regular production BBMF to me...

Once you get a price list of all OPUS I would be more than happy to give you a shopping list! :)

I can't guarantee when I'll have time to head back there, but I definitely could help out when I get a free moment. It'll probably be awhile though as I JUST moved here and that comes with the usually business and the starting of a new job. The weird thing about the LBMFs if I remember correctly was that they're the black labels, not the normal red Opus label?
As for the BBMFs, they may have been a mixed box. I looked quickly and took a pic and just remember seeing a dark wrapper with a light nipple at the tip.
I'll do some more recon next time I pass by there and get more price info for you guys.
As for the Opus shark maduro... it was definitely a half-box-pressed torpedo that was a maduro.
It's called Signature Cigar in Rockville MD if anyone's interested and wants to do some recon of their own?
Chris
PS: I just looked at the pic, and I think you're right, most look natural, but the one to the far right is DEFINITELY a maduro!

Damn. :thumbs:

Better adjust the household budget to make a little extra "hobby room" there, bro.

BTW, $65 is the lowest price I've ever seen personally on the BBMF at a B&M. I think they're well over $100 in Vegas.

~Boar

Well next time I'm in I'll be sure to take notes on prices. I got no issues running shopping runs if I've got the time.
Chris

You might have opened up a can of worms there bud. When do you want my shopping list. Lol. Good luck with the move and your new job.

Something I can tell you as pure fact since I and JackImpact were just a t TampaSweetheart, they only had one in stock ( BBMF ).

With some of the interest as well as suspect, as mentioned before the place is called Signature Cigars and Cigs and is in Rockville MD. I'll do a little research to see if they're a legit dealer. If someone gets to the info before me, please feel free to post it here.
Chris

OK, so I have pricing info for ya. If you guys are quick with the paypal I can help you out today (they close at 6:00). Prices would be what's shown plus the Maryland sales taxes, PP fees, and shipping (you guys know what can fit in what flat rate box, etc.) If you can't get me soon, then chances are it'll be a little while before I can get back there.
Lemmie know, prices below:
BBMF: Natty or Maddy $49.95
#77 Shark: $28.95
Shark Maduro: $33.95
Super Beli: $21.95
RdC: $22.95
LBMF (black band): $39.95
Opus from Charity Box: $39.95
DcM from Charity Box: $29.95
Opus 22 Boxes (only one missing): $49.95 each
Lost City Opus: $33, $34, $35 for the 3 sizes getting bigger as price goes up.
Don Carlos Edicion Anniversaire: $33, $34 respectively. Largest size out of stock (torp I think it was?)
My paypal would be chrisv at verhoeven dot biz
If it happens too many people want the same thing when I get there and there's not enough, or something like that, or some customer has bought something out, etc. I'll just refund via paypal the differences.
Chris
PS: Forgot to get GOF prices... but I hate GOF so I'm assuming all you guys do too! lol
Here's what I see:
20032011110.jpg

20032011109.jpg

20032011108.jpg

20032011107.jpg

20032011106.jpg

19032011105.jpg

Interesting. I hadn't really heard good things about Signature. I may have to stop in to take a look after all. I know a lot of the smaller shops tend to purchase HTF stuff and resell it.

That is bizarre. I am dubious of the bbmfs randomly in a big ziplock bag.