• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moving my smokes- MOLD

kona1000

Buy Bitcoin
I went through my coolidor to arrange my smokes for the move and found mold!!

Only on my No.9’s and my FFP?!??!?

So bummed whipped ‘me down but...

My FFP?? NOOOOOOOO!!!

Out of 1000 stogies or so that was it. Not sure what Drew Estates is doing, but ....

Just wipe them off and quarantine those. Keep an eye on the rest.

I’m going away for 4 month to travel the country. Leaving my smokes with my mom and dad to look after.

I’m worried about them.

I thought it was interesting that is was only the DRew Estate stogies that were moldy.

Mold is a scare subject, I replace my Boveda about ever 28 days, with recharge ones I have recycled with clean pure distilled water. Honestly I check each Tupper-A-Dor for any signs of Mold. It is easy to ID in person but photos sometime make it hard.

Also as Cigar sit in storage they expels a powder called"plume" it is the ammonia still seeping from sticks that when it contact the celophane is like powered sugar, or flour dust.

If you have indeed mold I will not try & tell you how to personally deal with it, just say don't smoke it.

Mold is a scare subject, I replace my Boveda about ever 28 days, with recharge ones I have recycled with clean pure distilled water. Honestly I check each Tupper-A-Dor for any signs of Mold. It is easy to ID in person but photos sometime make it hard.

Also as Cigar sit in storage they expels a powder called"plume" it is the ammonia still seeping from sticks that when it contact the celophane is like powered sugar, or flour dust.

If you have indeed mold I will not try & tell you how to personally deal with it, just say don't smoke it.
Oh my god, I'm not sure where to start.

Plume, bloom, or WTF ever you call it is NOT "...ammonia still seeping from sticks...". Who told you that...?? That's completely, terribly, absolutely incorrect.

And, when it comes to dealing with issues concerning cigar storage, smoking, whatever....the reason we all come here is to share information. "...I will not try & tell you how to personally deal with it..." doesn't cut it here. We help each other out to the best of our ability. There are simple ways to take care of minor mold problems, and there's a pretty clear point of no return. If you want advice, you can ask for it. Unless you know everything already....

Oh my god, I'm not sure where to start.

Plume, bloom, or WTF ever you call it is NOT "...ammonia still seeping from sticks...". Who told you that...?? That's completely, terribly, absolutely incorrect.

And, when it comes to dealing with issues concerning cigar storage, smoking, whatever....the reason we all come here is to share information. "...I will not try & tell you how to personally deal with it..." doesn't cut it here. We help each other out to the best of our ability. There are simple ways to take care of minor mold problems, and there's a pretty clear point of no return. If you want advice, you can ask for it. Unless you know everything already....
You must have more time to waste today than I do.

No, the link you provided is pretty much on the mark. You'll notice it doesn't say anything about ammonia coming out of the cigar and causing plume. That's just....wrong.

No, the link you provided is pretty much on the mark. You'll notice it doesn't say anything about ammonia coming out of the cigar and causing plume. That's just....wrong.

Actually that information about the "ammonia" was from a gentleman who has been a cigar representative for 20 years plus. Mike IMHO is one of the most knowledgeable people I personally know in the industry.

BTW I did read the link provided, and have actually seen a coupe of people's "mold problems". Luckily there were in plastic containers, so it was easy to toss the bad sticks, move to good stuff to another new or clean container, and monitor for more problems.

Well, your own link contradicts what your expert told you, so believe what you choose.

It's a shame you know everything, because personally I've learned quite a bit here. I give up.....