• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moving to northern Jersey!

sar127

theBIGindian
Yup, making my move from Texas all the way to northern New Jersey this month. Found a nice place in West Orange for now and I'll be bringing my car.

Any tips, tricks or advice on living, sightseeing and traveling around there?

Much appreciated!

A friend is just west of there.
He enjoys this place - said it was redone.
I havn't been there in a while, though when I was it was enjoyable.

http://www.jrwhippany.com/

As for sight seeing and such...lots to do.
You're a few hours (depending on tracffic) from many things. Depends on what you like to do.

Woodstock to the north has some great history and concerts.
Atlantic city is a little longer but there's that.

You can forget how to pump gas into your car and learn how to navigate jug handles and traffic circles.

Do you have kids? If so, Public Schools are better then your Texas private schools.

Most important thing to remember in Northern Jersey is it's "Taylor Ham", not "Pork Roll". :D

#teamporkroll baby....... :D

We're in Cornwall, NY (just over the mountain from West Point Military Academy), the Hudson Valley is definitely a beautiful drive.

Good luck with the move! JR was one of my old stomping ground. Stay away from ToneNY! :p:D

You're a little over an hour from QSH. Try to make it if Charlie can squeeze in one more.

WELCOME to JERSEY!!!! I am about 30 minutes north from you. Would love to meet up at JR's whenever.
I also belong to a private cigar club that is also about 30 minutes from you that I would like to take you to.
Have a safe move, & look me up when you get settled.

Welcome! You have lots of restaurants and live music all over, lots of malls too. You're close to NYC. Lot's of revolutionary war history in Bergen County (where I am).

The armpit of America.
We used to go to Atlantic City several times a summer. This is back in the 60's prior to the gambling.
We'd pas that one area in Jersey with what I think was chemicals, smoke stacks, etc. Was a very bad odor.

Atlantic City itself was great. White House Subs is what I miss most.

We used to go to Atlantic City several times a summer. This is back in the 60's prior to the gambling.
We'd pas that one area in Jersey with what I think was chemicals, smoke stacks, etc. Was a very bad odor.
Maybe Elizabeth, NJ?

Welcome to New Jersey, Exit 82 here for those in the know. They don't call it the Garden State for nothin'! From the white sandy beaches to mountains over 1,800ft...not many states can claim to have every type of land mass that NJ possesses. ;)

As for shops, there's a ton of them...expensive because of taxes...but they're all around you. West Orange is up there, but as Gary mentioned, JR's on Rt. 10 is a decent place. For good quality smokes at a decent price, try Sanj's Smoke Shop in Bloomfield. He's one of the few that carry the stuff we buy & smoke. From Davidoff to Tats and everything in between...all at M.S.R.P. pricing....no extra taxes to push them over that mark. Also in Hackensack is Ruben's Smoke Stack. Ruben is one of the best shop owners you'll ever meet....as is Sanj. Both share our passion for cigars.

Good luck with the move and I'm sure our paths will cross very soon.

Maybe Elizabeth, NJ?
I don't remember. Very industrial looking from the Hwy. I seem to remember some towers with the little flames at the top. Stunk to holy hell. Dang, that's a good 50+ years ago.
I remember the big beautiful hotels getting demolished. One visit, I stood right on the Boardwalk watching them destroy the Traymore. I think it was our last visit before we moved South.