• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My 3000th post contest

emodx

Banned
Okie dokie guys and gals, I am having a 3000-post contest. Now this is going to be a little different. I have 16 questions about me that need to be answered. All the answers can be found on the Internet with a little bit of work. For every 5 posts you get right, you get 1 guess. If you get all 16 questions right, that will freeze everybody at their current level of guesses. You can guess the answers for my questions as many times as you want, but will be locked in if someone gets all 16.

You will not be allowed to edit your guess of date and time. Once you guess, that one is locked in. If you guess 2 dates and times in 1 post, both are locked in. All times will be submitted in 24-hour format. All time’s will be for Eastern Time, and not adjusted for daylights savings. I will accept no more date/time guesses once I hit 2990 posts. The winner will get a pack of class!

All updates will be in this original post, so I won’t be adding to my post count running this contest. Anything in (parenthesis) next to a question will be a hint. Don’t use my average post count for my average daily posts. I don’t post much while I am deployed and the average will lead you down the wrong path. There is another way to get my average post count, but you will have to search a little for it.

1. What is my Rate and Rank in the Coast Guard? A rate is a 2-3 letter designation of my MOS.
2. What is my current duty station? (Unit name, not location)
3. What is the class/type of ship I am on? Length will suffice.
4. Where is the Coast Guard Academy?
5. What is the Tall Ship home ported at the Academy?
6. Where is the Coast Guard school for my rating? Area/City and State.
7. What is the name of the High School I graduated from and what City is it in? (On Oleander Dr)
8. What year did I graduate High School? That should be easy to figure out.
9. What state was I born in?
10. What was the name of my first box pass?
11. Name all the passes I have started.
12. Name 3 other CP’ers at each herf.
13. What 2 Herfs have I attended?
14. If I could smoke only 1 cigar for the rest of my life, what would it be? (The answer is in at least 2 different threads.)
15. How many children do I have?
16. What kind of dog do I have?

I will check this thread a couple times a day to update the answers each person has correct. Good luck!

Emo

as of 0030Z 18JUN04 :p
CC: 12
WAM: 10
Geldor:15
AVB:0 WOW, just like your ASVAB score, no wonder you were a Jarhead! :p
Tremayne:12
Aero:16 Woo Hoo...Good Job

You guys are combining answer for 2 and 3 together. But I am giving it to you anyways.
I'll accept 2 different answers for #6. 1 is a mailing address, and 1 is a land mark.
A couple of you are real close. You have the right info and put down the wrong answer. Keep plugging. ;)
BTW, what is a SW1? What ever rate that is, it was way before my time. How old is that BlueJackets book?
Coast Guard ships are given the prefeix USCGC, not USS. USS is for navy ships only. The "C" at the end of USCGC stands for Cutter.

#1. ET1 Electronics Technician First Class
#2. USS Thetis WMEC-910, split off from answer to #3
#3. 270' Medium Endurance Cutter
#4. New London, CT
#5. The Eagle
#6. Portsmouth, VA
#7. Colonial HS, 6100 Oleander DR, ORLANDO, FL
#8. 1992
#9. Florida
#10. "Seconds & Alts Pass"
#11. Seconds & Alts Pass, Ready to go Home Pass, Holidays Cigar Pass, Working Mans Pass.
#12. Stogieman was at the Orlando herf but who else other than you two were there? Pepe, ricmac25, cigah_smokah, fllbrent and you were at the Miami Herf. JerryG was at the Panama City Beach Herf II. gws3, shadow, leebo8-9-8, DMC at the 2002 Richmond Herf.
#13. Orlando Herf, Miami Herf, Panama City Beach Herf II. Richmond Herf in 2002
#14. Original Release Anjeo Shark
#15. Three
#16. Lab
All time’s will be for Eastern Time, and not adjusted for daylights savings.

So I really did win Moki's contest, didn't I? :sign:
Oh and it's uh SAVING not "SAVINGS" ;) , no "S" on the end

Oh and red indicates that they were edited Does it matter if they are edited?
Blue means a double edit, I had originally said South Clermont which I know is now wrong
Green means AVB had to give me enough hints to get this one right :D

#1 ET1 E-6
#2 USCGC Thetis WMEC-910
#3 Medium Endurance Cutter
#4 New London CT
#5 the Eagle
#6 Yorktown Virginia
#7 Colonial HS, Orlando
#8 1992
#9 Florida
#10 Seconds & Alts Pass
#14 Original Release Anjeo Shark
#15 Three
#16 Lab

LOL, I kinda knew that. :D #4 & #5 are gimmies for us Connecticut people.
That's like asking someone from Boston what the name of the ball park is that the Red Sox play in is :D

1. ET1 E-6
2. USCGC Thetis WMEC-910
3. 270' medium endurance cutter
4. New London, CT
5. The Eagle
6. Petaluma, CA
7. Colonial Hs, Orlando
8. 1992
9. CA
10.Second and Alts
11. second and Alts, Ready to go home, holiday, (2)working mans
12. miami - cigah smokuh, ricmac, pepe
mooch - lee, stogie-man, shadow
13. mooch, miami
14 original release shark
15. 3
16. Black Lab

I'm confused as to how the guess thing works. I think I have ten right, which means I get two guesses, right?

Okay, what if I only have nine right (do you consider the Orlando Herf and the Panama City Beach Herf II to be right answers or not?).

Now that I've seen Geldor's answers, can I add to mine?

#6. Two Rock, CA

Oh and Geldor1, emodx was not at the Richmond Herf and he has THREE kids :sign:

Please post your answers in place only. So if you update your original answers, please say that they are edited It is hard to collate all the answers in multipla places. Thanks.

Emo

geldor1 said:
So emo,

How we doin' so far?
I was wondering that as well......

Never mind, he's keeping track in his first post.
Which ones do I have wrong?

aeroswat said:
since cc has all 16 no one else can enter right?
LMAO too bad some of them are answered incorrectly. :0 :D

Check how I'm doing by looking at emo's first post in the thread, he updates how many each person has correct ;)

emodx said:
Clarification, 2 people from the board do not constitue a "HERF". While we HERF'ed together, it wasnt a HERF. Also, I will count an answer wrong, if it contains too much information, part of which is right, the other is wrong   :p

Emo
Oh great I went from 12 right to nine.

Since when is two people not a herf? They were called "herfs" in their respective threads.

Now that was two questions but what was right before and is now wrong where I didn't change the answer?

I give up...................................this is way too complicated

coventrycat86 said:
emodx said:
Clarification, 2 people from the board do not constitue a "HERF". While we HERF'ed together, it wasnt a HERF. Also, I will count an answer wrong, if it contains too much information, part of which is right, the other is wrong   :p

Emo
Oh great I went from 12 right to nine.

Since when is two people not a herf? They were called "herfs" in their respective threads.

Now that was two questions but what was right before and is now wrong where I didn't change the answer?

So instead of simply changing your response to the right answer, which you know already, you are going to cry and give up? You are either spoiled rotten or spoiled rotten. :0 So just take 1 second and fix your answer.

Emo

Too bad too, cause I know how much you like Double Corona's :0

The Jarhead trying to be funny answers:

1. What is my Rate and Rank in the Coast Guard? A rate is a 2-3 letter designation of my MOS. None of you swabbies rate and you're all pretty rank

2. What is my current duty station? (Unit name, not location) Anyplace the navy didn't want to hang out at.

3. What is the class/type of ship I am on? Length will suffice. Boats have no class, but it is pretty big for a tug.

4. Where is the Coast Guard Academy? Right next to Police Acadamy 3.

5. What is the Tall Ship home ported at the Academy? USS NEVERGO

6. Where is the Coast Guard school for my rating? Area/City and State. Mrs. Dobson's 3rd grade class Wabash, Ind.

7. What is the name of the High School I graduated from and what City is it in? (On Oleander Dr) Yer kidding right?

8. What year did I graduate High School? That should be easy to figure out. Trick question, GED isn't graduating.

16. What type of dog do I have? Anything will follow you home with that pork chop around your neck like a Chief's book. (Do they have Chief's Books in the Coasties? The book you have to carry around when you're selected for E-7 in the Navy)

What do I win besides an ass whuppin' :0 :0 :D :D

Good Luck to all the players and Congrats Emo on your milestone here at CP :thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
I live by complications, but I have plenty of my own creation, reason I haven't entered my pony in this race ;)