• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Father Flor De Las Antillas Toro

Bounc3r

Smoked: April 3rd 2021
Stored Humidity 63-64%
Appearance: Smooth leathery texture. Box press
Smell: Chocolate, Wood
Draw: Loose (not normal for this cigar)
Strength: Medium/Strong
Burn: 3.5/5
Smoke time: 1h30
Paired with: Coffee and Baileys on the side

First third: Pepper, Pepper, Pepper for the first 5 minutes.

Second third: Chocolate, coffee, slightly woody. Pepper is not really noticeable, especially with my drink pairings.

Last third: Pepper is back. Spicier than first third. Getting more smoky/woody flavors and less chocolate/coffee.

Great cigar for pepper lovers. The draw was looser than I like.

Final Score: 8.5/10

1617719710869.png

I was a fan of these at one time; I purchased several sticks of both the maduro & non-maduro versions.

I ended up buying a box of the maduros, and just about every stick had tunneling issues, and as you state loose draw.
These kinda ruined the concept of box press cigars for me.

I recently tried a Perez Carrillo Encore, also box press, and it had tunneling issues too.
Think I'm done with the whole concept of box press cigars.

I'm glad the Flor De Las Antillas works for you.

I was a fan of these at one time; I purchased several sticks of both the maduro & non-maduro versions.

I ended up buying a box of the maduros, and just about every stick had tunneling issues, and as you state loose draw.
These kinda ruined the concept of box press cigars for me.

I recently tried a Perez Carrillo Encore, also box press, and it had tunneling issues too.
Think I'm done with the whole concept of box press cigars.

I'm glad the Flor De Las Antillas works for you.
Damn that's some bad luck. Usually box press has great burn. And this was the only cigar out of 5 that had a loose draw.

Damn that's some bad luck. Usually box press has great burn. And this was the only cigar out of 5 that had a loose draw.

I actually like the non-maduro blend better; I wish they made them both in a round cross section vitola