• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

my first opus x

OahuGrown

i got home around 10pm last night after a good 4hr mma training session, i sat down on teh comp and my cell began to ring.
it was a good friend of mine who just came back from oregon to visit, he told me he was on his way, i didn't know he was down here so it was a suprise to me.

well he got here and we greeted each other and he busts out a opus x xXx, im thinkin "wtf?" i asked him where'd you get it? he said he heard that i liked cigars now and that he planned to suprise me with a cigar, the most expensive one he could find at our local b&m, he bought a power ranger for $20.

well i didn't want to hurt his feelings by tellin him he got ripped big time so i didn't say anything, i was still very thankful.

im checkin out the opus, great construction, feels kinda soft though so im guessing a little over humidfied, smells kinda like rasins, easy clip with a very very very easy draw, almost like a damn straw from jack in the box.

he pulls out a padron 64 and we get to lighting, light took a little longer than expected but got it done and was blasted with a punch kick combo of spice, pepper, jalepanos(sp).
this thing set my mouth on fire with that spice!
nice very white clouds of smoke and the spice remains long after the puff..

so we talk and puff, im done with the first 1/3 and i couldn't taste hints of anything else, the pepper is so strong and i can't taste anything else. i drink cold water and try again and again, still nothing but spice...

we keep talkin and puffing and im about ready to take the band of before i burn it with the cherry and still i taste nothing other than that crazy spicy taste, im beginging to wonder, is this all this cigar is made of?
i dont want to believe so keep puffin away till it starts burning my fingers.

i toss it and tell my friend thanks and that i need to go take a shower and he says he's gettin tired too so he leaves, i go inside and i sit on my couch, holy crap am i dizzy as hell! i stand up and quickly sit back down as i now feel like i need to barf, i quickly sit back and close my eyes and take deep breathes to catch myself before i run to the bathroom and hop in the shower and lay there wishing that i never smoked it.

im quite afraid to smoke the 2 other power rangers i have him humi :(
this was not a good experience.

I love the xXx! Good review and yes, they are a bit one dimensional but I love the spice and the punch that they pack.

It is a great little smoke but the key to really experiencing them imho is to take your time even if you have to retouch here and there. :thumbs:
Hmm, MMA got to love the new direction (Hopefully)

I agree that if you take your time with these they tend to be much more enjoyable. Just make sure you are in the mood for it next time, now that you have an idea of what you are getting yourself into

good advice, i'll probably let the other opus rest for a while in the humi, i wonder if i can not touch them for a whole year? thanks guys

Great review bro!!!
If you'd like, you can donate the others to me!!! ;)

I am not a Huge opus fan but i love the smaller ones.. perfection 4,5 and the XXX my local has the 5 out now 810 (with my discount) and i have been smoking a ton of them. The larger ones tend to get build up and bitter for me.. Im wondering if i need to let them settle down to a nice 67 RH before smoking it because im not sure what they are stored at.

bwahahaha... yep, that sounds like a "first PowerRanger" review to me. :) Fresh Opus in general, and fresh PowerRangers in particular, are very spicy. ;)

Nice review. Sounds like these babies sure pack one hell of a kick.

I still remember the day I smoked my first Opus, March 25, 2006. It was a Perfecxion X.

Don't worry, my first one sat me down too. :blush: The ones I've had since then have ended up much better. Be not afraid!

bwahahaha... yep, that sounds like a "first PowerRanger" review to me. :) Fresh Opus in general, and fresh PowerRangers in particular, are very spicy. ;)

and thus the reason I adore the xXx! Great review... brought back memories!

ah so i aint a wuss! lol but yea it seriously did pack a punch, almost made me reconsidering smoking cigars altogether!

...NAAAHHHH! lol

I belive that is considered FFOX initiation. The xXx was the first one to put me on my a**...quickly :blush: . Then the Lancero and last but not least the SuperBeli. However, I seem to have aquired the constitution to thoroughly enjoy the enitre Opus line and I am sure that soon enough you will too. Just don't give up.

Next time smoke it real slow on a full stomach. You'll find this makes a big difference. If it helps any I've yet to get up the courage to smoke an xXx myself!

I belive that is considered FFOX initiation. The xXx was the first one to put me on my a**...quickly :blush: . Then the Lancero and last but not least the SuperBeli. However, I seem to have aquired the constitution to thoroughly enjoy the enitre Opus line and I am sure that soon enough you will too. Just don't give up.

lol i wont, im just a little afraid at the moment but i'll make sure the power rangers brothers share the same fate.

Welcome to the club! :D

Wilkey

a secret society! initiation was TOUGH, does it come with a free shirt? :thumbs:

Next time smoke it real slow on a full stomach. You'll find this makes a big difference. If it helps any I've yet to get up the courage to smoke an xXx myself!

really? damn, i thought i was one of few who hasn't smoked an opus :D
next time should be alot better :cool:

fishing will on opus? and on an empty stomach? holy crap man! i would've fell in the water and drowned!

I've smoked Opus just not a xXx Power Ranger yet. The Super Belis are my favorite.