• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first two cigar evening....

garvey

I'm not only new to Cigar Pass, but to cigars in general. Thanks to Cigar Pass, I am now finding a range of cigars to enjoy -- but to date, I'm a one cigar a day guy. Even then, I'm lucky to get in two or three in a given week.

Until tonight. :)

After a hectic day of ripping up the lawn and reseeding, and then pressure washing the deck to prep for a new coat of stain, I was pretty much wiped out. After dinner my wife and son went off to see a Dave Mathews & Tim Reynolds concert on campus, so I decided to grab a cigar and a beer and go off to the back deck to watch the sun go down and unwind.

I opened the Harp, clipped the Illusione #2 and off I went. I chose the Illusione because it was new to me, received in a bomb from a BOTL. The Illusione #2 was a beautifully constructed cigar and the aroma was wonderful. The first draw was flawless and the flavor was a mixture of tobacco and leather -- and the smoke was thick. These flavors persisted for a while -- I guess through the first third. The falvor shifted into a stronger spicy and almost mocha flavor. As I entered the final third the flavors softened -- smooth with a flavor I couldn't quite identify. The entire time I kept asking myself "why haven't I seen more people talking about this cigar?" I know I am new, but the Illusione #2 was one of my most enjoyable cigars since I started smoking this summer. Without doubt, I will be buying some more #2s very, very soon. :blush:

The sun was setting, but I wasn't quite ready to give up the first truly beautiful day of Indiana's spring. I returned to the humidor and saw an three year old Anejo Shark swimming at the top so I grabbed it and went off to the deck. I love the AFShark and it is the one cigar I seem to turn to on a regular basis -- I've never been let down with them. :love:

This time was no different. I won't go into detail -- more knowledgeable cigar reviewers have written extensively on this stick -- but I will say the three years of age made this one smooth smoke. Every draw was perfect, the burn was flawless, and the smoke was always thick and flavorful. By this time I had shifted to a nice glass of Merlot which seemed to complement the Anejo Shark very well.

As I finished the last draws on the Shark, I wondered why I hadn't spent more blocks of three hours just enjoying a couple of cigars and letting my mind wander. I know now, if I get the opportunity, I will be spending a lot more evenings on the deck with a couple of great smokes. :D

Very nice man! I love the sharks myself, but haven't been in the hobby long enough to get any with age on em! Least that I know of!!!! Will have to try the Illusiones as too many people are talking about them!!

Don

The sun was setting, but I wasn't quite ready to give up the first truly beautiful day of Indiana's spring. I returned to the humidor and saw an three year old Anejo Shark swimming at the top so I grabbed it and went off to the deck. I love the AFShark and it is the one cigar I seem to turn to on a regular basis -- I've never been let down with them. :love:

This time was no different. I won't go into detail -- more knowledgeable cigar reviewers have written extensively on this stick -- but I will say the three years of age made this one smooth smoke. Every draw was perfect, the burn was flawless, and the smoke was always thick and flavorful. By this time I had shifted to a nice glass of Merlot which seemed to complement the Anejo Shark very well.

As I finished the last draws on the Shark, I wondered why I hadn't spent more blocks of three hours just enjoying a couple of cigars and letting my mind wander. I know now, if I get the opportunity, I will be spending a lot more evenings on the deck with a couple of great smokes. :D

This has to be one of the best reviews about a Shark I have seen in some time. One thing I have always said is that 'the Shark always gives good FIN'. Everybody always laughs hearing that, but its really true.
This is the one stick that always, and I mean always, totally engulfs me. It never fails to melt away everything stressing around me and send me to "the good place". I love them with a nice glass of Red (although they dont play too well with good Chard's), I love them with a great cup of java, but especially love them while sipping a great Tequila on a hot summers evening.
I have been a Shark lover for years, especially the old gals, and really dont see that changing anytime soon.

Thanks for the great review..

art

Oooh I love the sharks...LOVE EM!

A fine BOTL just gifted me two from 05', can't wait to have some of that!!

:thumbs: Glad you got to relax a little...

I had the Illusione #2 as my lunch smoke today.

IMO, better than the cg:4

The No. 2 is absolutely fabulous. Try that little 68 and see what you think of that. Those two I don't think I could get sick of.